Thursday, January 12, 2012

who will love the girl

ph: Film Fancier

I haven't fallen in love yet. I'm only eighteen, still a baby, but that doesn't stop me from wanting it so badly.

As my second semester of college comes around the corner, I cannot help but think "will he be in this room?", as I walk into new classes; a clean slate, they don't know me and I don't know them.
Believe it when it's said, I'm not desperate nor do I need a boyfriend. Believe it when it's said, I just want to know what it feels like, to have someone in which you can be 100% yourself, that will love all your flaws as you love his or hers.

You see i am a sucker for books, and sappy stories, though I do not like showing it. Both happy endings and tragic endings appeal to me because the characters in stories always feel something nonetheless. Dreaming is all I have ever known.

So I'm terrified that I'll be one of those girls who never falls in love because it hasn't happened yet. I'm also terrified that I'll be one of those girls who falls for anyone just to see if love could be found there.

Who will love the girl who loves getting lost in a book,
chasing those fantasies that only exist in her mind?

Who will love the girl who suddenly gets quiet because she got a bad vibe,
so it ruins her whole day?

Who will love the girl who gets lost is her train of thoughts and will never be able to tell you why she got lost in the first place?

Who will love the girl who yearns for those midnight talks about life and what it has to bring?
Who will love the girl?

I know that I'm not the only one out there who feels this way. Younger, older, wiser: there are many of us. It's a scary concept, love, but I still want to feel it.



  1. we're the same exact person. at least you can know that you're not alone.

  2. Wow.
    It feels like I wrote this... but I didn't... there are other girls out there like us :)

    I have experienced this love you yearn for.. it is painful ... but worth all the pain that can happen if it is lost.

    I think you are ENFP personality type have you ever taken then myers briggs personality test?
    either ENFP



    Please read them... will help you feel less alone with all of this :)

  3. Don't be terrified, love will enter your life when it's supposed to happen. I know someone will love you exactly the way you are.

  4. This could have been written by me. I feel exactly the same. I hope love will come someday, for all of us.

  5. This could have been written by me. Thank you for writing this, giving me the knowledge that I'm not the only one who feels this way. Thank you! :)

  6. Love is always around. Someone somewhere is made for you. Only for you! :)

  7. Wow as i read this i felt as though someone was writing my train of thought as of that moment.I have been feeling this way for the past couple of weeks and i didn't know who to turn to i have been questioning love and wanting it to happen but is scared of it not happening to me.

    I believe that this open my mind and relate to this i guess we are truly never alone

  8. It's still better than falling in love so deeply and then guy breaks your heart. It's much worse feeling, I wish I never fell in love with him as it hurts so badly now...
    Love hurts. I learnt that lesson. Never ever create fantasy pictures in your head as in reality is completely different.

  9. This day came to me last month. I felt things that I never though I will feel about someone 'cause the way I am, but this guy changed many thoughts i had about what we are capable to do, and now I'm broken. So, when your day comes, do what you feel, fall into every feeling as deeply as you can, but take care, never forget that you have to love yourself too. Love's good. Xx

  10. scary, it's like i could have wrote it myself! recognized myself in every sentence !

  11. i understand you, but please, please: watch out!
    love isnt so perfect as we hope. for me, love is about pain, being hurt.

    the first time i really fell in love..: i wasnt expecting it.
    the boy it was about liked me and wanted to kiss me at the party i met him, i was afraid (not really afraid, but i'd never thought about it, that this could just 'happen') and didnt do it. i tried to keep in touch en to meet him again, cause i want him so badly.
    but after a few tries to make an appointmenst, one of us always had to cancel it.
    and he quiet. he does still reply, but only with 'yes' or 'k'..
    i dont know what it is, i think he's done with it.
    he's also 3,5 years older and he lives in another city and maybe he.. actually, i dont know. sometimes i think: alright, i'm gonna explain everything and i WANT to know what happened.
    but i know his answer will only hurt me..

    i learned that love isnt about fairytails, its not the dream you expected.
    it will come if you least expect it, but please, think GOOD about your replay, if i had kissed him back that night.. everything would went soo different.
    i cant stop thinking.. what if, what if.
    why cant i do it again?

    but yeah, maybe it's time for me to move on, but i hope i can warn you, think about what you want, than just LIVE, and do it, it isnt that worse to kiss someone if you only know them one night, it can be the beginning of something perfect. really.

    have fun, enjoy yourself, dont wait for it to happen, cause love will come, it will surprise you, it will hurt you and i hope that after all.. it will make al of us so happy.

  12. There is at least one boy who will love that girl because I am that girl and I know a boy who loves me with all his heart. So if there's one, there's another. Good luck in college.

  13. this is crazy, your text is exactly what i could've (and actually have!) written when i was eighteen as well. also freaky, i'm an "L.C." as well.

    i, too, didn't know what love was. i, too, lived through my books. i, too, was lost inside my own head and thoughts and dreams.

    don't worry. like some have already said before me, it will come at the right time. it WILL come. and there are so many amazing guys out there to love you. you'll see. i didn't know it was possible either.
    until it happened. and once it happens, you'll open up to love like you never thought you could. it will change you, for the better.

    just give it a chance when it knocks on your door.. :)

  14. Eighteen. What a wonderful year but still so young. Believe me when I say you more than likely know little to nothing about love (AND THATS OKAY).

    Love won't be what you expect, it may seem all wrong at first until one day that all changes and you realize you have fallen deep in love. Your very own kind of love. And that's the beauty, your love may not be what other love is but it will be perfect to you.
    In the mean time, keep these notes in thought....

    "a watched pot never boils" So Throw your worries of love away and stop thinking love has a ticking clock. Your pot will boil when its ready whether you are watching or not.


    I've waiting for a girl like this all my life, but I've only known bad, evil and vain girls... So, there are men waiting, willing to love some girl like this.

    D from Chile.

  16. I was this girl. Though it seems like everyone say this, I truly was. Im nineteen now and breaking up with the boy that I fell for and my heart in the process. So go ccrazy and fall completely and utterly arse over tit in love. Let it engulf and consume you completely but dont forget who you started off as. It was my biggest mistake and and it killed us completely. Love is just around the corner and completely worth losingyour mind over. me a year ago would pity how much I have lost myself over a boy a year ago doesnt quite know how strong in the process I have become. Dream big. Xxx

  17. Wow. I'm 18 and in my second quarter of college too. Never been in love and just like you, I wish I knew what it feels like. I am so happy to know that I am not alone. Thank You.

  18. You're definitely not alone! This could have been written by me... But I still believe love will be worth the wait.

  19. I like this post, really great, christian louboutin will continue to focus on it.

  20. I feel the exact same way, and I'm fifteen. You're definetly not alone!

  21. we all want to love and be love. we are waiting for the right person that will accept us the way we are. i believe at the right time, place and situation that will come true.--->

  22. it's like you've put my EXACT thoughts in to words. how did you do it? that is precisely what i feel, every second of every minute of every day. i'm not joking.

    i'm not desperate or in need of a boyfriend - i have enough self esteem supply to last me quite a bit. but i want SO bad to know what it feels like...but i'm also much younger. i know i really shouldn't be looking for it at this age as i'm surrounded by immature baboons.

    but to you, who's lucky enough to be in college, free, independent, young and doe eyed...good luck. i hope he finds you :)

  23. i feel like i wrote this too. you still have so much time ahead tho LC.
    I'm 25 and i dont think it will ever happen for me :(

  24. Seems like every one tends to crave a deeper, genuine love. I think I didn't guard my heart enough at 18. I fell hard for a guy that 6 years later I'm finally stepping away from. He's wonderful but not for me... and I've known it all along. My advice to you, if any... Stand up for yourself as you continue through dating. ( i didnt start until after high school) theres a guy who is willing to wait and be all you've ever dreamed of for you... it sometimes is a matter of letting the "not-so-worthy-ones" fall by the wayside as well as beginning to believe - if you haven't begun to already... that you're worth the wait.

  25. This one goes out to you all, enjoy:

    "Date a girl who reads. Date a girl who spends her money on books instead of clothes. She has problems with closet space because she has too many books. Date a girl who has a list of books she wants to read, who has had a library card since she was twelve.

    Find a girl who reads. You’ll know that she does because she will always have an unread book in her bag.She’s the one lovingly looking over the shelves in the bookstore, the one who quietly cries out when she finds the book she wants. You see the weird chick sniffing the pages of an old book in a second hand book shop? That’s the reader. They can never resist smelling the pages, especially when they are yellow.

    She’s the girl reading while waiting in that coffee shop down the street. If you take a peek at her mug, the non-dairy creamer is floating on top because she’s kind of engrossed already. Lost in a world of the author’s making. Sit down. She might give you a glare, as most girls who read do not like to be interrupted. Ask her if she likes the book.

    Buy her another cup of coffee.

    Let her know what you really think of Murakami. See if she got through the first chapter of Fellowship. Understand that if she says she understood James Joyce’s Ulysses she’s just saying that to sound intelligent. Ask her if she loves Alice or she would like to be Alice.

    It’s easy to date a girl who reads. Give her books for her birthday, for Christmas and for anniversaries. Give her the gift of words, in poetry, in song. Give her Neruda, Pound, Sexton, Cummings. Let her know that you understand that words are love. Understand that she knows the difference between books and reality but by god, she’s going to try to make her life a little like her favorite book. It will never be your fault if she does.

    She has to give it a shot somehow.

    Lie to her. If she understands syntax, she will understand your need to lie. Behind words are other things: motivation, value, nuance, dialogue. It will not be the end of the world.

    Fail her. Because a girl who reads knows that failure always leads up to the climax. Because girls who understand that all things will come to end. That you can always write a sequel. That you can begin again and again and still be the hero. That life is meant to have a villain or two.

    Why be frightened of everything that you are not? Girls who read understand that people, like characters, develop. Except in the Twilightseries.

    If you find a girl who reads, keep her close. When you find her up at 2 AM clutching a book to her chest and weeping, make her a cup of tea and hold her. You may lose her for a couple of hours but she will always come back to you. She’ll talk as if the characters in the book are real, because for a while, they always are.

    You will propose on a hot air balloon. Or during a rock concert. Or very casually next time she’s sick. Over Skype.

    You will smile so hard you will wonder why your heart hasn’t burst and bled out all over your chest yet. You will write the story of your lives, have kids with strange names and even stranger tastes. She will introduce your children to the Cat in the Hat and Aslan, maybe in the same day. You will walk the winters of your old age together and she will recite Keats under her breath while you shake the snow off your boots.

    Date a girl who reads because you deserve it. You deserve a girl who can give you the most colorful life imaginable. If you can only give her monotony, and stale hours and half-baked proposals, then you’re better off alone. If you want the world and the worlds beyond it, date a girl who reads.

    Or better yet, date a girl who writes."

  26. I can't even begin to describe how much this is exactly like me.


  28. This could have been me one year ago-
    but now I've got an amazing boyfriend I didn't even know until the week after my first year of college ended. The week I decided I didn't need to look for a boy. The week I finally decided to leave the timing up to God and to invest in the other areas of my life.
    That's when God decided I was ready. You're not going to meet him when you think you're ready-you're going to meet him when you're finally happy with who you are and what you're doing.
    Have hope-waiting for the boy and not settling for anything less is well worth it in the end.

  29. I have been reading this website for over a year now and never have I felt so compelled to leave a comment until this post. I am in the exact same boat as you, it's amazing. All we can do is hope for the best, and if love does come our way, we must accept it with a warm embrace.

  30. I love a girl. but somehow it happened that she loves someone else
    to hide my tears, i have indulged myself into books. I read a lot of books.
    my friends say, come out of books, find someone for yourself.
    but how can I?
    i cant forget her

  31. Every thing I've been feeling finally in words. I agree better to have loved than not have loved at all.

    I'm 20, 3rd year of college, not desperate, lost in unrealistic thoughts, closet romantic...It would be nice to feel an extreme "love" for someone even if he/she ends up breaking your heart. To feel something intense even if only for once.

  32. ''Every thing I've been feeling finally in words. I agree better to have loved than not have loved at all.

    I'm 20, 3rd year of college, not desperate, lost in unrealistic thoughts, closet romantic...It would be nice to feel an extreme "love" for someone even if he/she ends up breaking your heart. To feel something intense even if only for once.''

    No, don't wish that! It's not worth it! Falling in love and ending with a broken heart... the worst thing that can happen to you. It hurts so badly. Don't dare to wish that, I'm telling you!

  33. Wow. You literally just wrote out my thoughts. I hope that we all find it someday.

  34. You just put my thoughts into words!

  35. You are me... Kind of. You wrote down my feelings. My fears.
    I'm older than you are. And I've never been in love for real. I've got a good life, the best friends and I am healthy most of the time. But I dream away so often. To moments I fall for someone. And he falls for me.
    Thank you for your words. And not leaving me alone with this feelings.

  36. This is me. I’m 25 and haven’t expericed real love. Not even close to having a relationship. I am sure by now you are in one.

    - Clare - the girl who always ends up getting hurt. Twice in a year.

  37. This is freaky. I feel totally the same way, and I have the same initials you have...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...