Friday, December 9, 2011

i am not sure what love is

i am not sure what love is love photo love image, http://www.flickr.com/photos/sommerbrise/6385517469/sizes/m/in/photostream/
ph: sommerbrise

Sometimes I am not sure what love is. Sometimes I would find myself asking is this how love is suppose to feel?

There used to be days I was really sure what it is. Moment of first love that innocent fluttering feeling which comes out and lives within me with excitement made me confident this was probably was love was. Fresh and new and full of excitement. Then in the midst of smiles and laughter, tears came along..with anger and pain. What seem to me like it was everlasting love, flew out of the window in just a blink of an eye. Questions began to rise, isn't love suppose to be everlasting? or is it just a spur of the moment thing? Can you really lose love with time?

Second and third relationships ended up the same way. Things such as 'I felt love in the beginning, but somehow I lost it with you... you'd be better off with another better guy' became a common quote. Innocent image of love gets lost in the process. All you'd recall is just how 'love' doesn't last and that well maybe you just don't know what exactly love is.

Funny, how easy it is sometimes to forget all those happy moments you share with a person that you've build together for a period of time in just a blink of an eye... then later on only recall the pain which acts as the base for the defensive mechanism you unknowingly build around you. Sometimes I guess maybe I chose not to believe in love so I don't get hurt again.

I'm back again on the track but I am not sure what I am feeling is really love, or just a longing to be with someone, since I've seem to have a misconception. The image of love began to be blurry. What exactly it is begins to be uncertain. I doubt almost everything and just things flow, but I can't really feel like I am all there.

In the end I am still not sure.

14 comments:

  1. This is so true about relationships. It always seems like we go through a period of being head over heels in love but then something changes and someone stops trying and it all falls apart.Btw, I love your posts, they always make me think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly what I'm feeling too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with all of you guys too. I actually wrote a post today about the same topic, and the days before. But today I just completely found myself wondering the same thing, and its just so hard to let go of something that was once there, love in general is just a complex way of building life by mistakes we make, everything our heart speaks and seeks, the people we wake up to, the guys that we may meet in the future, the breakups, the holiday love bug, fights in the mid of the night, moving in together, everything. Its hard to imagine life without it but easy to see the truth of it in a blink of an eye.

    You guys should check out my blog at beautyintheunseen-unknown.blogspot.com and subscribe if you like it, and comment too, if you'd like :)

    Never stop speaking words from your heart. Love your blog so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nobody knows what love is....but we keep trying to figure it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have you figured it out yet? if you have, i'd love to post your idea of love on my blog.

      www.youknowitslovewhen.com/contribute

      Delete
  5. Hopefully you find out...

    http://freeluckyeasy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Gabii -

    i agree, it is true. i think there's always going to be that point where you're super elated to be with someone. people i know call it 'the honeymoon period'. but if you get past that and realize that you're really with the person for all the right reasons and it really is a deeper relationship then things will continue even if there are problems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. when you find true love you will know :) trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the beginning of romantic relationships you go through what is called the "honeymoon stage" during this time you feel amazing (approx. 1 year), and completely in love. Your brain chemistry is actually different at this stage of a relationship. You produce hormones which cause you to feel lust and passion. However, with time this diminishes. Your brain simply cannot continue producing these chemicals forever. This is when couples tend to fall apart. Love is not lust. Love is when two people decide to devote themselves to one another, even after the initial sparks fade. Love is when you care about your partner's well being before your own. True love perseveres.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only thing that matters is: Does he make you happy ?

    If so, enjoy every moment. If not, something should change.

    It doesn't have to be difficult. I don't know what I exactly feel for the guy I'm in a relationship with, and it could definitely be complicated, but it's not. Simply because we are happy together. I stopped worrying. Love is unpredictable and you need to stop trying to control it, because you can't. Or at least, I can't.
    You can not have anything you wan't , but you can always stop the things you don't want.

    It takes some courage to let things you cannot control go. But it helps. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have felt the same things as you many times over, love is crazy. I have recently though come across a website that has given me some insight into what love actually is. I think you should check it out. I find it extremely interesting anyway. What is love?
    I always think it is really funny that we all talk about love so much but when any body tries to actually define it, it is so difficult. Anyway thank you for your post

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have felt the same things as you many times over, love is crazy. I have recently though come across a website that has given me some insight into what love actually is. I think you should check it out. I find it extremely interesting anyway. <a href="http://www.worldtransformation.com/what-is-love> What is love?<a/>
    I always think it is really funny that we all talk about love so much but when any body tries to actually define it, it is so difficult. Anyway thank you for your post

    ReplyDelete
  12. Iv'e been there. Just this sunday actually. "I can't be the boyfriend that you deserve" he said. Well, i thought: The reason doesn't really matter. The right person wouldn't give up. The right person will fight, by your side, to make it work, to be happy. Iv'e learned that Love will find you, but it takes two people to make it stay. I always think of af qoute from the movie "Juno" - no matter what, the right person will still think that the sun shines out your ass..! I think I might know who that guy is, and I will get him. In time..

    ReplyDelete
  13. i've been in a number of relationships since my early teens and now my late twenties... always thought i knew what love was until i found my "one". the one. even today i feel that relationships are hard, but i guess the difference when you have found "the one" is when all this hardship is worth it. at the end of the day, i think every day we are just asking ourselves how much pain we can endure before we say "fxck this" and move on to the next best thing. if there is someone who makes you feel pain, but you find that this pain is going to be bearable in the long run - because the happiness outweighs it all in the long run - then you've found him/her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...