Thursday, August 4, 2011

the wait will be worth it

the wait will be worth it love photo love image, http://weheartit.com/entry/11956424
ph: weheartit

All my life, I've been in and out of relationships. Bad guys, good guys, obsessive guys, nice guys, I've dated them. Last Dec, I ended the last relationship after he turned possessive, because I knew I didn't have a future together with him.

I was weak. All my life I was weak, foolish, and dependent. I'm glad to say that in the year 2011, I grew up. I stayed single for the longest time I could remember. I didn't have a guy to fetch me anywhere I wanted, to dine with at any restaurant I craved for, to take me out shopping when I demanded, or watch a movie with me when I
felt like it.

And it's been the best teacher I could ever have. Sure there were lonely moments, low moments. There were weak moments I wished ever so badly I had a good and loving boyfriend. But everyday I grew a little stronger. Everyday, I grew more at ease with myself, I complained less and I loved my family and friends a little more.

I know that someday I will love again. But I'm not going to sit around and wait impatiently for that day to come. I'm not going to rush into yet another relationship that isn't going to last, just because he smiled at me and gave me butterflies. I'm going to live life to the fullest, and appreciate the little things in life.

Because I know that one day, the wait will be worth it.

20 comments:

  1. so true! love it!

    honeylovesandrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said and very inspirational!!

    http://momojae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You WILL find love again and it will be better and greater than ever before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like me, just over 2 years ago.
    Sick of second-rate boys (if I couldn't have the perfect one for me, I didn't want to waste my time with anyone at all);
    focusing on my career, family & friends; and
    enjoying life, going out whenever I wanted, and relying only on my independence.

    And it was great. Life IS great.
    Why complain about what you don't have, when you can appreciate all the things you do have.

    And to be completely honest - a few months later, completely unexpectedly - Love found me.

    It is now the greatest part of my Life because I have the PERFECT one for me in every way possible. He is everything I could of ever hoped for and more.

    It's been two grand years now, and we've lived together for over a year during them.

    And I'll tell you without a lie - I still look forward to waking up beside him every morning, seeing him every afternoon after work, and lying beside him at night.

    I've got the best kind of love and you will have this too.
    Things worth appreciating come to those who know appreciation's worth.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's so true!!!
    i'm addicted to your posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, all I've gotta say is just keep movin' on..

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girl! Stay strong! You have really inspired me to stick to my guns. Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just say... Thanks you for write this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://freeluckyeasy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! can't decide what flower to bye her, will click here http://www.top10point5.com/2011/08/top-105-romantic-flowers.html or just check out our top ten list

    ReplyDelete
  11. One day..one day..Ive been waiting and waiting..Oh yes I've made the most of being single.Put lots into my career, travelled lots, spent money on making my house beautiful - but in the back of my mind, there has always been that constant nagging ..that constant feeling that I should be doing this with a significant other. I thought I found him but ..it wasnt to be..so I begin the waiting game again..and try not to look at the clock ticking..or at other happy couples..I try to live my life to the full but nothing can substitute that warm feeling of being held close and told that you are wanted, desired and loved by the man that you love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this blog is so real and honest going thru that phase myself right now and hopefully i am strong as you to wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so proud.. and I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A number of chi flat iron are dominating the entertainment world today. cheap chi flat iron One of these products is the chi hair straightener. It is a popular choice in the Internet and loved by most of consumers and professional product reviewers alike. chi hair straightener Created by the Farouk group, CHI flat Iron is the very first flat iron which has ceramic plates, making it more popular and the ultimate bestseller in the industry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It only lies between the two:
    Wait till you'll rewarded
    Or
    Wait till you'll forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Magnificent goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you're
    just extremely magnificent. I really like what you have
    acquired here, certainly like what you're stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read much more from you. This is really a terrific site.
    Feel free to surf my blog :: quickest way to lose weight

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...