Friday, February 26, 2010

wasting ink


unefille1

Simon, I can't stop wasting ink on you. Your name clings, suspended from the tip of my pen as I drag you over my paper, again and again. You leave a messy streak on everything you touch, the coffee stains on my teak table. And even with you gone, Simon, they're still there. Round reminders of what went wrong. You had the knack of making everything cluttered, always took up too much space, too large for my tiny apartment. Even now, you fill my room with mountains of crumpled notes, sonnets and elegies, novellas. They say it's inspiration but, really, Simon, it's invasion. Every inch of you fills my notebooks, makes the pages cramped. Nothings changed and I'm tired of writing about you, how you always tucked your fingers in my pockets, as though you couldn't hold me any closer. The way you sighed in your sleep. You're gone Simon, and all you've left me with is endless cursive, odes to your lips, the way they stayed limp, suspended at your sides, did nothing to stop me from walking away. My margins are full. There is no more room to breath, my heavy pen, the weight of your hand in mine. A thousand miles apart and Simon, you're still bleeding all over my paper. Ink running down the pages stains my finger tips blue. The color of love.

35 comments:

  1. crazy love, whenever u think about the things tht had gone wrong...
    or about the things u should have done ....
    your thoughts start bleeding ...
    when you try to hold on to the love so fleating ...
    young hearts live everyday ,
    with a hopeless hope..
    to beat together with the one they love someday ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My diary, as well, is full of writings and stories about him. Every page has his name on it. Quotes. Vents. I hope he never sees, bc I feel like a stalker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to carry a heavy luggage to a destination.
    Pick on those importants and carry on.

    Just like life,
    putting down the pass and let it be and you might life in a different view.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful.
    it is almost the same situation as mine, apart from there are no miles, and if there were i would walk them. he is no longer with a beating heart. and i have never written so much in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post, i guess. but is love blue? i think that love has no color...however, it makes our life colorful :)
    visit me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Finally someone who can actually write.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ romantico, i think the point is the colour of the ink is blue and all she does is write about him so the ink and the writing represent her love..


    great post btw, very well written :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful...

    ♥___♥___♥___♥___♥___♥___♥

    www.letitbemadi.blogspot.com

    ♥___♥___♥___♥___♥___♥___♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. so beautiful. You can feel the pain and the longing between the spaces of the words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. truly wonderful. such personality in this...

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautifully written....

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is simply beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. MOST BEAUTIFUL ENTRY EVERRRRRRRRR

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW THIS IS AMAZING!!!!
    loooooove this post :)
    absolutely love your choice of words...you have a lovely style of writing

    ...AHHH I FRIGGEN LOVE POETRY / ENGLISH hahahahaha i'm such a nerd..

    follow my blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love this <3 which seems horribly wrong as it is quite sad

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the way it's written. So very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ditto, except all I write about is the hurt. One day I'll show him all of it, the day I gather enough strength to actually leave.

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is one of the most amazing things you've ever posted

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful prose. tragedy of a tale.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad you all liked it; if you'd like to read the blog that started from this piece, check out http://stopwastinginkonme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful. u write beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wrote Al 100's of notes on my Nokia. When i left my phone, I wondered if the guy who found it read each and every one.
    And thought me stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  24. heartfelt and beautiful.

    write yourself dry and drop this weight.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That name. One was ripped away from us & the other was a beautiful thing that just couldn't be. I hate the name Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is SO beautifully written! kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fuck, this is good. The kind of good that makes me ache.

    Author, if you are reading this: leave me a comment on my blog. Let's be friends, asap.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It can't work in fact, that is exactly what I believe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...