Saturday, December 14, 2013

i'm not sure

LE LOVE BLOG LOVE PHOTO COUPLE PERSPECTIVE SEE MAN BETWEEN LEGS OCEAN LOVE STORY NICE GUY BUT NOT SURE ABOUT LOVE Untitled by Marija Kovac, on Flickr
Photo via: Marija Kovac

I am in love. Or I think I am. Truth is, I'm not sure. I have only had one boyfriend, and I know he is perfect. He says all the right words, he is caring and loving. He has his faults, and isn't perfect - which makes him perfect. I know that he loves me, and I love him. But here's the thing. Since he is my first everything, there is nothing to compare him to. I don't know how it is to have a boyfriend that isn't perfect. Therefore, I don't truly know what I have. And I know how spoiled and unappreciative that sounds. I want to love him, and I do! In some way... but I want to love him the way he deserves. Unconditionally, and appreciate him. They say that you don't know what you have until it's gone. I am afraid to lose maybe the one good thing in my life, but maybe that's exactly what I need to do. Explore other people, let them treat me bad. Have my hopes up, and then get my heart broken.

I don't know... I really don't know. All I know, is that I have found the man I want to live with and who loves me, but I can't appreciate it.

8 comments:

  1. if hes the one good thing in your life, isnt that enough? you can compare him to everything else shitty in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly how I feel. Since everything in the world is relative, how can something that we can't compare to something else be either good or bad? It's too confusing, maybe the key is to shut out annoying brains up and just enjoy the beautiful moments we have with that someone..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Compare to your life without him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it matters whether he is your first or second... When you meet the right one, you do not feel the need to compare him to anybody or anything esle in this world.. It doesn't even cross your mind :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Lilo! I am in my first relationship and feel like everything is perfect. I don't feel the need to compare him to anything else and just appreciate all that he does for me without thinking. Good luck to you and your boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i feel you. same situation, same thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  7. "maybe that's exactly what I need to do. Explore other people, let them treat me bad. Have my hopes up, and then get my heart broken." ... who would want this by choice? really??

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really don't want to be a heartbroken .. Do you .. Really ?
    When everything is perfect then don't look out .. Take my advice don't explore people , you will be wasting your time. Spend time with him. Love him and get Loved ..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...