Wednesday, November 2, 2011

2 years

years love photo love image, http://weheartit.com/entry/25496708
ph: weheartit

Dear R,

2 years of beautiful. That's how I look at it. 2 years of something really fucking spectacular. Hell, we weren't perfect. There were dark days and days that I thought the sun couldn't compare to us. But we were this funky twist of fate that turned into a bond that couldn't be denied, only relished and cherished. Our end wasn't pretty. It wasn't simple. It wasn't painless (they never are). We both did things I thought we'd never do, in good ways and bad. We tried to recreate those 2 years, to go back there and steal maybe one more glint of light from that spark. But it wasn't the same, and after many trials, many different outcomes, we are over. It took something really big to show me that-that it was different, that our 2 years were something so incredible they couldn't be duplicated. But I want you to know, I want this to reach you-in losing you as my boyfriend, my lover, I finally see, after these months of indecision and fear (and hell, i'm still scared now) that i miss you as a person more than anything. The best friend I had in you is the part that I never want to lose. Our 2 years of beautiful are worth an eternity of memories, and the friendship that comes out of being that to someone, should never be lost. I'm not sure when we'll find what works, how we can still be close and not get hurt. But I hope we get there. I really hope we do. So know from here that I still love you, that I would always do anything for you and a large piece of my heart will always be yours. 2 years of fucking beautiful, R, really fucking beautiful. Thank you for those. Go out and live, show the world what I was lucky enough to see. I love you, forever kid.

Always,
S

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. This might be my favorite post on here yet.

    It is both idealistic of the relationship that happened, and positive and optimistic about the breakup, while encouraging the moving on with life, instead of myopically trying to clean to the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautifully written and something I can understand very well. I dated an amazing boy for 2 years, and even though we were long distance we made it work so well. He was am amazing person, but somewhere down the line we were no longer on the same page. I wanted to end things, but he didn't. So I stayed in the relationship because I was too fearful to hurt him. Then he ended things with me and I couldn't understand why I lost it, because I was already over him. It was because more than my boyfriend, I had lost my best friend. Its been over 2 years since our break up and we have not spoken a word. He messaged me once to see how I was, but I didn't know to respond or what kind of relationship to build with him at this point. But not a day goes by where I'm not grateful for the endless love and smiles he gave me. I think of him often, and regardless of how painful our breakup was, I wish him the best in life. I too wish he shares what I got to see with the rest of the world. So, I hope you understand that sometimes the best relationship to have with an ex, is no relationship at all. Because there is a reason some people are part of your past, because they don't belong in your future. It's a harsh reality to accept, but always try and make the choice you feel is best for you :)
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sad, so real, so beautifully written. I still can't fathom how something that has lasted so long can end in hurt. Just proves to show that people change and forget to tell you, or they were never who you thought they were.

    I wish you peace and strength in your life's journey.
    Never give up on love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want to create a blog than u blog is the best option for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im with anonymous, never give up on love. I have been through hell and back with "relationships" and no matter how hurt and let down I have been I have to believe that the right guy is out there.

    I really respect you for putting your feelings out there. Just shows how brave you are.

    Keep up the good work!
    Zoe :)
    http://zoestephen86.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never give up on love, as long as you love him/her and you feel it's worth fighting for. Love hurts but that's the beauty of it, in hurt sprung the happiness of it all. More power to you.

    caughtupinyou.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this post is so hard to read.Love hurts so much sometimes and when it's over you realise that you can't erase memories,feelings and all the special moments you had together,keep them in your heart and grow stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh... you know that this is exactly how I felt, and still feel, about my ex that I broke up with for about 5-6 months ago after 2 years together. you really took my words and printed them down. thank you for that. amazing text.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Go out and live, show the world what I was lucky enough to see. I love you, forever kid"
    It made me cry, especially this part. I'm afraid of hearing it soon form my especial someone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. New post:

    http://freeluckyeasy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this was just like reading about myself.. Beautifully and heartbreaking written!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This seems to be written by me. It's so surreal. 'Bout 3 years ago, I fell madly inlove with my best friend, Rasmus. We understood eachother completely and there was no one we knew that didn't think we'd end up together. We were (and still are, I guess) soulmates. And then he got his eyes up for some other girl, and we drifted apart. The following years up until now, we just tried to gather up the pieces of our friendship and trust and love, and it's been going both great and .. not so great.
    And a few weeks ago I realized that we had drifted apart so much that we're not even speaking anymore. It's not like an awkward and painful silence, we just don't keep in touch. And.. I don't no. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i realy like to read your blog. It's so honest and sometimes i feels your emotion is similiar me :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...