Wednesday, July 20, 2011

just hold on

just hold on love photo love image postsecret, http://www.postsecret.com/
ph: postsecret

I was so content before I met you.

Yes I was lost, bleeding, hurt beyond comprehension, blind to my own pain. But still, I was happy. And now you come into my life and change everything. Make me feel again. Make me feel so much all the time that I don’t know what to do with myself. Make me miss you, want to be around you. You make me feel like this stupid little girl when I have lived through lives of hurt, when I’m around you it just all goes away. When I’m around you I feel safe. When I’m around you I’m comfortable, I don’t worry. I feel the pain leave, I feel my wounds and see the scars and they don’t matter as much. We can’t be together now and we’ve agreed to be friends. You don’t know this, but I’m giving you six months. Six months to see if you can be the man I need. I’m falling for you and I have to hold myself back because you’re not ready for a girl like me. If you want someone in your bed, to get you through the night, then that’s not me. I’ve seen this beautiful hopeless romantic side of you. I know you truly desire the same things I do. Then why did you have to kiss me last night? Why do I have to set you up for failure? Why do I not know how to control myself around you? I want you to succeed. I’m going to try harder to not give you mixed messages, I will be better. I promise. You're broken, and so am I. But when I'm around you I don't feel as bad. I know we could be extraordinary together instead of just ordinary apart. Just hold on babe, hold on for me. I can get you through you're pain and you can help me with mine.

And I hope you mean everything you say. You keep saying these wonderful things that make me so happy. Your promises of long walks, deep talks over coffee, wanting to become my best friend before we consider dating. I hope you mean all these things. I have a lot of hopes for you. And all I can do is sit back and pray. Pray that you are the right person for me, pray that I’ll have the strength to be there for you and to let you go if I have too.

17 comments:

  1. postsecrettttttt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. isnt ironic we feel the same way! aww. love love love <3

    visit mine honeylovesandrew.blogspot.com drop saome comments! thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah photo is from postsecret

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope he's the one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with your blog, following!
    skirtsanddressess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you want someone in your bed, to get you through the night, then that’s not me. I’ve seen this beautiful hopeless side of you. I don't know if you truly desire the same things I do. Why didn't you kiss me on valentines day in front of her office? Why do I have to set you up for failure? Why do I not know how to control myself around you? I want you to succeed. I’m going to try harder to not give you mixed messages, I will be better. I promise. You're afraid, and so am I. But when I'm around you I don't feel as bad. I know we could be extraordinary together instead of just ordinary apart.

    x Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, well this literally is something I was just experiencing, it is such a horrible situation because you're constantly trying to keep your feelings in check and not act on impulse, but hopefully it will all work out and stay strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girl, I know it's harsh but you deserve better. Someone who's romantic 24/7 and want you in his arms forever and always treats you with respect. I may be synical, but I don't believe that people will change or that the feelings will change, if it's not there in the beginning it wont happen. Im sorry to say this, but Ive been in your situation twice and Ive learned to never settle for less than I want and deserve, and that it doesn't change.

    But I do love this post, because It's honest and sincere. And I love the part " we could be extraordinary together instead of just ordinary apart", so beautiful!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true about NOT being the girl to get you through the night

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah, i love this post too.. i can relate..!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can feel the same too <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, my life defined

    ReplyDelete
  13. i can't believe this, it's like my situation described word to word.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I literally broke down in tears after reading this because it hit so close to home i may as well have written it myself. So sad when you think of how painful and intolerable love can be and yet it takes your breath away when you try to let go...

    ReplyDelete
  15. emmaholgersson.devote.seJuly 25, 2011 at 2:45 PM

    i don't know to laugh or cry? this is exactly my life. my love. my boy. i hope me & you getting this man to be what we want. and that we will live happly ever after. i really really wish for that. i need him in my life. i can't even imagine a life without him.

    i wish you & the man my best!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was just having this conversation with.. this happend to me a month ago.. every word you wrote goes trough my mind every night before I go to sleep I hope it works out for all of us! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...