Tuesday, March 29, 2011

my sweet little revenge


weheartit

It's done. It's been done for a few months now. How did it end? If I recall correctly it was me realizing your immaturity and you not willing to put me before your friends, not even for the little things. After that, you thought you would get your revenge by claiming you liked someone else, some dumb girl you barely even knew who I knew would never like you back. Well your plan worked. It broke my heart. Even though I had wanted to end it, knowing you liked her while we were still together killed me. I was shattered into a million little pieces, and thought there was nothing in the world that could put me back together.

But something did. It was my new found self confidence. When I realized I deserved so much better than you, the pieces very slowly began to reassemble. And then I began noticing. That more and more guys would smile at me, try to talk to me, give me compliments. That made the pieces come together more quickly. The best part about it was, I never needed to get revenge in order to become whole again. Hurting you wouldn't make me feel any better, because I simply didn't care about you anymore. You broke my heart, made me feel like shit, and then did it again. Now all I see are those wasted months with you, the time spent waiting for you to show you cared.

So now I'm putting that last piece back together. I've found someone who cares, found someone who will put me before his friends, found someone who truly loves me. And I love him back. And there is no doubt in my mind that you are completely gone. I don't ever think about you when I'm with him. There are no lingering thoughts about us in my head, about "what could have been". This isn't one of those stories where I realized I've always still loved you. No. In fact, I don't know if I ever loved you, because now that I know what true love is, I know what I felt when I was with you sure as hell wasn't this.

So in a sense my happiness is my sweet little revenge.

Goodbye. Forever.

32 comments:

  1. tru revenge: finding real love and happiness while the other one can't even find himself! standing ovation for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you're writing all this, you clearly care about the person....so no, you're trying to get revenge by bragging about this new guy. Get some self esteem and stand on your own two feet instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love is love, if it was real at the time and you felt that way for him even though you think he didn't...it was still real once. but I'm glad you're much happier now x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree your revenge was finding your real love, your happiness ...lovely post !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, i hope you're happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think someone who you once cared for will alw be remembered, not necessarily for good reasons. It doesn't mean you still love him. Good for you! Give your heart to someone who cares for you(:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely inspirational. True revenge is living happier and more in love than you were with your ex. Amen!

    http://momojae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is beautiful.
    happiness is bliss <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are amazing for getting over that douche. prolly some insecure loser who cant handle peer pressure!! u go ahead girl! we love you and your so independent and incredible. i hope ur always happy. forget that geyser

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing! i love this post, i feel like i wrote it myself. sounds like me 2 years ago! well done

    ReplyDelete
  11. even if you want to let go of that feeling, it will still remain in there for the rest of your life. Eventhough how many times you will try to forget and let go of that person, but that person already had some place in your heart that no matter what you do, it will stay there just like scar.

    But, i'm so happy for you. Just let the love keeps on flowing and be happy. You deserve to love and be loved in return. more power to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "if you're writing all this, you clearly care about the person....so no, you're trying to get revenge by bragging about this new guy. Get some self esteem and stand on your own two feet instead."

    NO NO NO that is NOT true! I don't see it as still caring about the person, I think the author wrote this as a form of finally letting go, and reflecting on all these things she's finally realized. Don't be so rude<3.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You go girl! That's what it's all about. Keep that confidence going :).

    ReplyDelete
  14. "In fact, I don't know if I ever loved you"

    ReplyDelete
  15. <3 thank you for this post. Absolutely what I need to quench my anger towards a certain incurable jerk.

    I wish you all the best with your new love and I hope I will find someone like that too! :)

    -Kaitlyn x

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you're writing this you still care, otherwise it would have never crossed your mind.

    don't trick yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I Loved reading this!
    I read this blog all the time, and this was the first one that really made me smile in weeks!
    Thank you for sharing!


    I also feel the need for the person who wrote on anonymous (at the top) you're an Idiot... who are you to judge?
    This is a Love blog maybe you need to get some because what you wrote way just hate.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE THIS. inspiring. need to LIVE THIS. asap.

    ReplyDelete
  19. "if you're writing all this, you clearly care about the person...".

    so true. fix yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  20. she has fixed herself. she realized what she had with that guy wasn't true love. what she has now is true love. she is writing this as a realization, as she is looking back and making a narrative...understanding what happened to understand what is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  21. you took the words out of my mouth, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is exactly how I feel about my last relationship. All the pieces haven't come together yet, but slowly and surely they are.

    It's such a weird, but nice, feeling to read words that I could have written myself...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I felt like it was my story, except the fact that I still think of him sometimes. But the thoughts of 'us' together slowly seems to disappear as I move forward with this cute guy who actually likes to talk with me, instead of having sex. Puss och kram

    ReplyDelete
  24. Its nice to know in yourself that you're the bigger person. I think that by truly being able to deal with the loss and the doubt placed in yourself and survive that, and be true to yourself about how your feeling and what you believe in, that is being the bigger person right?

    I hope so.

    Thank you, your words make me feel like I have someone on this path with me. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. http://mostlyinfringing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. i hope guys read this blog its really crazy for guys take you for granted not knowing what they have , not wanting to cherish for the person you are or the person u are hen being with themm. hmm anyways
    girl i am so glad u found happiness again, i just hope i find it tooo again too =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, there is a great deal of useful data above!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, there's so much worthwhile information here!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I found a great deal of helpful information above!

    ReplyDelete
  30. i broke up wid my gal...nd nw whn i try to tlk wid her she dsnt evn tlk wid me....say's the same the stry say...i feel bad bt it ws me ..who let her go..:(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...