Monday, February 14, 2011

happy valentine's day



I've always hated Valentine's Day. It seems senseless to me to have a day devoted to making singles feel lonely, and couples feel obligated to buy each other chocolates and say I love you. I figured this Valentine's Day would be the same. A skype date from Connecticut to Virginia over bad internet connections. He surprised me though. He changed my conception of Valentine's Day, and love, and grand gestures. The kind that I was positive only really existed in cheesy chick flicks. You see, the only thing I ever really fell in love with before him was the city of Paris. Without speaking a word of French, he posted to Craigslist a call to the romantics of Paris. He enlisted two French women to place locks on Pont des Arts, the bridge of love locks, where I had put a lock with my friends a year ago. These women had no idea who he was, but they believe in the power of love, and a good love story. Each one went and bought a lock, wrote our initials in a heart, and threw the key into the Seine, documenting it with pictures. All they asked for in return was to be invited to our wedding, one day in the future. Apparently true, crazy, I would do anything to see you smile kind of love really does exist. Happy Valentine's Day.

24 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!

    check out my blog pleaseee :)

    http://rawandbeautiful.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the sweetest!
    Happy love dayy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. I love this!

    xoxo, Lindsey

    http://lindsey-schaefer.blgospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh i just got teary-eyed. that is amazing. i can't wait to hopefully see wedding pictures on this blog one day <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO that stuff really happens!?!? Amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so romantic!! Beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. I got really inspired.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charmant, merci pour ces mots touchants a souhait...merci pour cette jolie photo, qui me rappelle à quel point le pont des arts est romantique...
    j'aime

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it is funny to see your new pic cos I just have written something about padlock in my blog jijij, I like ur blog!!
    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw love this!

    http://kimchicsisters.blogspot.com/2011/02/amazing-milk-chocolate-lollipops-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like your photos throughout your blog! =) I also wanted to share with you the Versatile Blogger Award! http://trendyrose.com/2011/02/15/t-rose-got-the-versatile-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I dont understand you,people who hate this day,its a beautiful one! That means u also hate Christmas,and Easter,right?U hate it because u are not happy,because you are not loved.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is amazing how the feeling of hate for Valentine's day is everywhere. Check this other one

    womenventing.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is extremely cute. he put a lot of thought into that. he is most def a keeper.I wish you both enough... to explain. This is a wish my friend made for me once and now i wish it for you:
    "I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
    I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
    I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
    I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much
    bigger.
    I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
    I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
    I wish enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye."

    but above all else i wish you enough love to last beyond a life time

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! That is the most romantic thing I have ever heard of! It made me cry sitting here at my desk. He must truly love you :)

    A Candid Life

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    Kenny Chesney Tickets

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is possible the sweetest thing I have ever heard or seen, wow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. All I can say is thank god everyone else in the office is at a meeting right now because that definitely made me shed a tear or two.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...