Sunday, November 29, 2009

have you ever loved someone like that?


weheartit

I've known her for seven and a half months. We met through a mutual friend, my boyfriend at the time. He was somewhat infatuated with her, it was cute. She was older than us, but only by a few years. We started talking. It was... wonderful. Our conversations, we talked about everything, and bonded over everything. We had our little in jokes and then when my boyfriend and I broke up, we continued talking. We were always talking, almost every day.

We're both busy people, and we don't often have time to see each other. But when we do, it's just. Easy. So simple and easy and straightforward. I never get tired of talking to her. I can tell her anything. Not because I want to, and not because I want there to be someone who knows everything about me. I don't care about that. But because, I can; we can. Over these months, we've grown closer and closer. She's my closest friend, and I'm hers. We talk about sex and love and politics and science. We really do, talk about everything. We compliment each other in what we like, our opinions and hobbies are similar but not so similar that we don't have things to (playfully) ridicule each other about.

She's attractive, of course. And smart, and talented, thoughtful, caring, intelligent. She's that girl you want to hate for being so amazing but in the end you just end up loving her for it. And that's what happened, I love her. The nature of this love, I can't describe. I don't even know myself, honestly. It's on the border between platonic and non-platonic because even though she is one of the sexiest girls I have ever met, mostly I just want to be there for her. Mostly, I just want to make her happy. I like it when she calls me at almost-midnight and rants about her day and I can make her feel better. I can make her laugh. And I like it when she randomly texts me about something interesting and we just text each other for ours. We just, work.

Have you ever had someone where everything just works? I mean, there's friction of course. What with her being a few years older than me. And her current unavailable status. But, still. It just works, everything is so simple with her. And if anything ever is wrong, we can just talk it out.

Have you ever loved someone like that? I hope so.

37 comments:

  1. It's hard to not love that person. Got my very own justlikethat girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....this is powerful. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love someone like that. Then things changed, and suddenly things weren't so simple anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I know this story inside and out. The simplicity was bliss. It was perfection, but it never stays. One minute she was everything to me, the next I was packing up and moving 3,000 miles away. It was too hard to not have her completely.

    "Everything just works" but it never seems to work out...

    ReplyDelete
  5. as for my case i loved her too much and i dono what to do now

    ReplyDelete
  6. When reading this I realize that there is someone I feel the exact same way about. We really work together. We talked everyday for hours, but now we don't anymore. We're friends, but it's a shame we never got the chance to be more than friends. It's too complicated now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the comment above...

    "everything just works but it never seems to work out"

    sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is such an amazing blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this male friend that i've gotten a wierd connection with. We can talk about ANYTHING, and still have other relationships with other people. I have this feeling that he's "mine" even though we havn't done anything sexual (not to mention he's with another girl). Wierd thing is that i'm not jealous either, I just feel happy to know and love him the way I do.

    He's a big part of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sighs...I know I know I know exactly what this feels like. Its just so easy that she seems like perfection. But then as said above, when you grow deeper in love with somebody- you want them fully. All of them, all for youself. And when you cant...it'll break you into a million little pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still have this love. It really does keep me going, when everything else seems to crumble.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I currently have one, she's my best friend, and allthough we live in different cities, everytime we meet it's like we saw each other yesterday. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do know exactly what you're talking about :) I love her to death.
    Sometimes I secretly wish she was a guy so she/he could be my boyfriend and it'd be perfect. But then I realize that that'd ruin everything. And the reason I love her so much is because she is exactly the way she is.

    ReplyDelete
  14. No :(

    Nothing like that. But it sounds beautiful. Like something completely beyond understanding.re

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hate that some of the comments above are negative, because things probably finaly feel simple and right and enjoyable. But i also understand exactly where they are coming from.
    I had a freindship just like this. When there was the slightest bit of an issue in the others life, we decicated outselves to the other until we felt better. Everey moment together felt good. It was a relief to be around her. My brain didnt need a filter, neither did my emotions, and she loved me for everything that came out. This freindship lastes almost 5 yrs.
    Unfortunately a time came when we stopped getting along, we stopped enjoying each others company, our words stopped helping each other. and we are no longer freinds. and it hurts and its lonely. But when we were there we were so good for each other, she was so good for me.

    This comment is LONG.

    But enjoy your freindship, it sounds like one of the best things life can give.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love is the greatest thing in the world. ever.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving someone that way is one of the most beautiful things in the world - even more beautiful is when it works out in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Falling in love is easy. Loving someone should be simple. The other bullshit that goes along with relationships is the hard part.

    xx, S

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes! It's lovely and sweet. Last night, my best friend just called me while I was thinking of her. Actually we don't talk and meet often but she's just there for me, at that moment I was so frustrated of the whole mind and suddenly she called me.. It's... it's just time...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes! It's lovely and sweet. Last night, my best friend just called me while I was thinking of her. Actually we don't talk and meet often but she's just there for me, at that moment I was so frustrated of the whole mind and suddenly she called me.. It's... it's just time...

    ReplyDelete
  21. that is so adorable. It was very heartwarming <3

    xx
    Louise
    http://thefwordonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I lOVE YOUR BLOG:)


    http://thefashionwh0re.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been thinking about love lately. Honest love.

    It wasn't coincidence that I found your blog.
    I write here, and here.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's me and my best friend, right there.

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the photo, as always.

    for more romance and fairy tales, come to:

    http://favola-amore.blogspot.com/


    un bacione!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've had/have this. I went for it. It's been going on for 5 years. She told me she only falls inlove with boys. I still feel the same way I've always had but that declaration has changed things. It's just going to be one of those things. You know?

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have a love like this. My lover and I were discussing it one day and I said "Love just isnt strong enough a word to describe what I feel for you." and she said "I think love is the right word baby, other people just misuse it." :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. We laid there and she stroked my side while I laid my head on her shoulder.
    It was simple and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  29. sorry, i feel a lezbo vibe here

    ReplyDelete
  30. hm. interesting. it's definitely a different feel from the other usual posts on lelove, but i think its good to put awareness on the different forms of love. =] no two are ever the same.

    ReplyDelete
  31. One sentence to sum it up: "Love conquers all." - Virgil

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think you shouldn't let go of her no matter what :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. YES I know what you are talking about. I have a best friend and I wish that she were a guy so that things would be easier or would they?? I can't describe it but I feel deeply connected to her that I get confused about my feelings at times. I don't what it is but I'm just glad to be a part of her life. Good to know I'm not the only one (:

    ReplyDelete
  34. PLEASE DOWNLOAD FROM WEBSITE www.goldenduas.com for peace, security, health and wealth for man kind. The same may be circulated for all concern based on Quranic verses 2:2,10:57,17:11 and 16, 28:59,39:55 and 57 and also 65:8

    Warm regards
    Ibrahim Ali

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...