Thursday, August 13, 2009

no. i don't like you.

image: weheartit

I've been staying up all night.

I have no stories about wonderful meeting, fingers twisting my hair, hands around hips. I don't know your smell or warmth or what clothes you're wearing.
I haven't ever met you, but I think I love you.

Maybe it was good you went on vacation, because that gave me time to think about you and me. And suddenly I just realized how much I really like you.

I couldn't sleep tonight, so I started the computer. I walked with my bare feet over the cold cold floor, wearing only underwear and huge knitted cardigan.

And I wanted to write you.

Tell you how I started crying when you said you think you liked me, how I think about you every day and every hour, how happy you make me even if you don't understand, because you're simply so nice to me.
My first love was the most horrible thing that had ever happened to me.
You made me recover. When I started talking to you I forgot everything.

Do you realize how big it is?
Do you even understand how affected you can be by someone you haven't met?
And I was sitting in my loneliness, with you too many miles away, crying, scared by the thought that you share the city dreams and kisses with someone else.
I wanted to write a whole novel about it.
Everything I said was that I liked you.

I like you.

No. I don't like you.
You're the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me.

But you don't know.
You haven't even gotten my message yet.

I hope you'll go online later. So you'll see.

I'm so nervous. I couldn't sleep.

And if you do.

I'll tell you.
I love you.

// E

thanks liz for these words ♥


  1. Amazing! This is absolutely fantastic!!

  2. This is really sweet, but I'm slightly confused - so the person writing this has never even met the other they are writing to? But they are writing to them? =/

  3. wow this is amazing


  4. i feel like this girl instead substitute the cardigan for an oversized t-shirt

    this is lovely

  5. i totally cud put myself in her shoes. =S
    well this was months ago. anyway, i assume she met this guy online and have been sharing stories n each other's life online.

  6. Wow.great writting.
    If i got it right,i think I also suffered from that,the online love syndrome. I actually wrote ab0ut it also in my blog entitled 'meaningless i love you'..but it ended kinda, Gud luck with the result when he got 0nline.

  7. thank you so so much for sharing this.
    i feel that i'm not alone in this anymore.
    except i wonder if it's better or not, knowing who he'd rather share the city dreams, kisses, his life with.
    < /3
    i hope it worked out for you liz.

  8. That was simply heart-aching and wonderfully written. i think we all can feel like that at times in out lives.

  9. I totally love this text!
    I kind of in the same situation as Liz.
    But there's no romance at all.
    I've just met the best person ever...he's amazing and the best friend for me a this moment.
    I've never met him IRL,but when I do...I'll hug him and never let go.

  10. Yep, I know to whom I would send this.

  11. oh so beautiful. amazing. hugs

  12. :( sounds so upset and scared...but beautiful!

  13. :( oh my...i shouldn´t come to your blog when i´m in a heartbroken mood ;)

  14. That's like something I'm going through at the moment. Except I was too late and now he has a girlfriend. I didn't think it was possible falling for someone online, it felt so silly and meaningless. But boy, I fell hard and he was all I could think about and still is. Good luck Liz.

  15. I never imagined I'd see something on this blog that struck such a chord with me. Wonderfully written xo

  16. this post has got to be my favourite. hands down. "And I was sitting in my loneliness, with you too many miles away, crying, scared by the thought that you share the city dreams and kisses with someone else.
    I wanted to write a whole novel about it." x

  17. Beautifully real.
    If you skip ahead when reading the bottom (but read it fully first),
    it can say
    " 'No I don't like you,' I'll tell you. 'I love you.' "
    I like that.

  18. When I read this it made me think about how lucky and happy I am that he I love know that I love him. How precious it is that I can lay next tom him and say "I love you". Anytime.

  19. this is really beautiful ... good work

  20. This is just amazing.
    Absolutely perfect words.

  21. i just dicover this blog and i just wanna tell u that i love it, i just put it on my facebook, it touch my heart :)

  22. i have read this post too many times. over and over and over again. you have absolutely no idea how much and how deeply this piece has touched me. i am torn and broken--this has made me realize how much i truly like this one guy. this is perfect and amazing and beautiful and it really makes me cry.
    x, tris

  23. oh this picture is CUTE!!
    might graff it..

  24. this girl is me.
    this girl is my best friend.
    we are in love with men we have never met.
    you have pulled out our thoughts from the convoluted twists of our brain.
    you are awesome.

  25. this is also me. absolutely love this.

  26. wow that was absolutely beautiful,
    i love your blog


  27. well this is amazingly touching. I can say this person wrote what´s in my mind, i have the same situation, pretty much the same...but i didnt have the guts to do what this person probably did...

  28. i love this. it's so lovely.

  29. Wow. The first time I read this I cried. It pin-points the exact thoughts, the exact emotions, the exact situation I'm going through.

  30. I'm feeling that way now, about some thing that happend beging of this year, it hurts so bad, but thank you for this all same.

  31. Wow It's amazing how many people out there have the same kind of feelings...
    The first time i read it I cried.
    It's so beautiful an hurting at the same time.
    I Love your Blog. <3

  32. That is so incredible, I got goosebumps.

  33. This is really great.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...