Sunday, November 24, 2013

how do I make the right decision...?

Untitled
Photo via: Mafalda-Silva

I am madly in love with him. He has the nicest smile. He has the nicest body. But he isn’t very refined. They say when you love someone, you should love them for who they are and not try to change them. But there are things about him that I cannot stand. He eats loudly. He pressures me in ways I am uncomfortable with. And he is disrespectful to loved ones at times.

My ex was never like this. He was kind, loving, nurturing, respectful, and everything else one could dream of. Why did I leave him? Because I met my current love. But is this love real? Or a facade? How do I make the right decision without hurting him or myself?

5 comments:

  1. The positive things about him that you mention sound very physical whereas the negative are very much internal. You can find another physical being that doesn't have these negative issues on the inside. Have you spoken up about feeling pressured and the things he does that make you feel uncomfortable? His response could give you the answer you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you deserve better then someone who can make you feel uncomfortable.. if your posting this, you clearly have doubts, therefore his not the one..

    it may hurt now, but in years time when your happily married to your soul mate you will know it was all worth it..

    let go xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent 3 out of 6 years trying to change my ex both externally and internally. It drove me and him crazy and mostly we were miserable. You have to learn you own way, but giving him up means that you will find something better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's called comprimse honey. People only do it when the find THE ONE.
    If you find yourself wanting to change him after a while, he ain't the right one for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...