Monday, March 25, 2013

strengthen us

LE LOVE BLOG LOVE STORY LOVE IDEAS LOVE PHOTOS LOVE QUOTES ONE DAY STRENGTH Untitled by  Marlène G, on Flickr
ph: Marlène G

I’ve just watched a relationship that I truly believed was so caring and resilient, crumble in front of my eyes. There was nothing I could do to change the way he felt, I couldn’t change the choice he made. I gave it all I could, but this time it wasn’t enough. It was just over, just like that. Yet knowing these blunt facts, I’m still haunted by the ‘what if’s?’ that expand my doubts.

Learning to block out these dangerously over-whelming thoughts and replace them with the acceptance that I’m never getting back what I had, hasn’t exactly been the healthiest or easiest journey. Nor has it helped lessened how absolutely drained and heart broken I am after this.

Good people leave, it happens. I’m learning that It’s not to make us weak but to instead strengthen us. These people walk out on us to allow better people to take their place. To fill in all the gaps the previous person wasn’t able to fill.

I don’t know how long it’ll take or how many hit and misses I’ll experience before this better person makes himself apparent, but I do know that when he does I’ll be happy that I made the choice to endure this pain they call ‘moving on’ rather than holding onto the fake hope you led me to believe that maybe one day we’ll pick up where we left off.

Last August I had my first thoughts.
Only now I know how right I was.
This was , too good to be true.

And I’m glad.

9 comments:

  1. WHATEVER HAPPENS HAPPENS FOR REASON AND IT HAPPENS FOR GOOD .
    i salute u author how you accepted the change but be strong for you dont know what next step will bring you ..
    be optimist and enjoy life
    much love,
    saharious

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait..did I write this? really eerily similar to my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving on is the hardest. Knowing when to finally let go.

    Carina
    http://carstina.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for this. mine happened in july and i was in such confusion that I didn't know what to do. I almost fell into the same trap again, but someone talked me out of it. And I have a feeling that, that someone might be the better person to take over. Things do happen for a reason, and I didnt realize it till now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God will never take away something without giving you something better in its place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep that strength going girl! Everything has an ending, you just have to know when to let go. Sounds like you have that right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh i wrote this to lelove! Thank you so much for posting it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very touching and inspiring! Writing your feelings down is such a getaway from everything. Don't give up!! If you are interested in some relative texts / phrases / photos or just feelings. You can always check out my blog artloveandlife.blogspot.com @lelove I'm sorry spamming ..

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...