Monday, October 8, 2012

a way to love myself

Untitled
ph: same kak

It’s so hard, sometimes, to accept myself. Me with all my, probably imagined, imperfections. I can have a one-second look in the mirror and go out, go dancing and enjoy the night. But I can also stare, searching for something bad on myself. I’m not developed to who I’m gonna be yet. My style and personality are changing everyday. High-waisted skirt and ripped pants hang beside each other in my closet. Every morning I decide who I want to be that day.

I care too much about others opinions. Skinny girls, who are afraid to stand out, dominate my class. I’m not really an outsider, but I am not one of them either. Not that I want to, oh I confuse myself so much, why do I even care about their opinions? See, that’s how it works in my head. I now I’m not some random girl without brains, I do care about things, I want to learn, want to know more and I want to develop myself.

Right now, everything is changing. My friends have fight, others get a boyfriend and one of them even forget about me because of him. I’m getting to know new people. I’m discovering that old, not-so-good friends are really nice.

Everything is changing each single day. The happenings teach me, guide me and try to help me with my quest. I’m following a bendy road, filled with holes. Trying to find a way to love myself. And I’m on my way now. I’m on my way.

9 comments:

  1. Just how I feel.. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the rawness of the words and the feeling itself!

    xx pauline
    classycroissant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Never compare yourself to anyone, expect to the previous you.' That phrase really helped me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's like I wrote this. Not all of it but a lot.

    'Never compare yourself to anyone, expect to the previous you.' I agree with this! I thought of this myself but it's nice to see it being put into words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Change is never a bad thing. And choosing who you want to be can be fun. This makes you a normal and interesting person I think!
    http://glaswegianwhore.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's like I would have wrote it myself. It's hard to accept and love yourself sometimes, and it's easy sometimes to just say "I don't care what other people say" but you always do. The hardest thing in life is to accepting yourself, but when you do, everyone else will as well.
    /One who also traveling on the path of self confidence and to love one self.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst...Just ask him. You can't put your life on hold waiting for something that may or may not happen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...