Tuesday, April 3, 2012

a girl and a guy

via weheartit, http://weheartit.com/entry/13862699/via/thaaty
ph: weheartit

I have a boy friend. He's one of my best friends in the world, and if I ever lost him, a part of me would be lost too.

He's never been my 'boyfriend'. But he's seen me through a few boyfriends over the past half a decade. He's always been there.

People think it's strange that we've never gotten together, but somehow, it's perfect.

The first time I realised just how much I loved him was when a girl broke his heart.
I wanted to shout at her, tell her what a loss it was to give him up. That's when I realised I loved him.

I love him for who he is, whatever mistakes he's made, no matter how terrible, even when he's being a jerk. I love the person he was when we first met, and the person he's now become. I don't think I know how to stop loving him.

But if you think this is a fairytale story of friends falling in love, you would be utterly wrong. I'm not in love with him, he's not in love with me. And we both know that. And you know what? It's completely ok.

I'm sharing this because I believe a girl and a guy can be best friends and not need to fall in love. Because there are so many friendships out there that have been spoilt by unrequited feelings, simply because one person feels that they have to fall for the person because they're that close.

He told me that it's possible to find people out there whom are willing to take away your loneliness without having to be in a relationship with them. He is one of them to me. And this is a thank you, because recently I realised just how much he loves me back.

So here's to the guys who get teased for being friend-zoned, but continue to love the girls in their lives anyway.


  1. I love this. It's not often that both parties can agree on being 'just friends.'

  2. I love your blog because you right about topics that some people can relate to! Love it!

    -thisismeandyouwillsee.blogspot.com (MEG)

  3. love this! totally agree with you cause I was in his situation for a couple of years and always in love with this girl that sounded just like you now!

  4. I dont thnk that a girl n a boy can just b friends.. Either one of them is going to want something else even if he/she doesnt tell the other person about it.. Its just reality. Believe me. Ive seen it happen i dont know how many times...

  5. This is second time i read your blogs and got its a very useful information for me i know its a very difficult task to do comment but its a way to what you think and i think everyone can share own knowledge through blog so thanks for this your greatful posting.
    free dating sites, online dating sites

  6. I have what you have, and I love it. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

  7. Friends are blessings, i have a bestfriend and we have been friends for almost ten years and we have known each other well.

  8. I really wish my best friend would've understood that but he misconceived our friendship to be more than that and for his betterment we had to cut contact...
    All closeness is not a sign for a relationship!
    I wish everyone was not that desperate to find love! we should not look for it, it will come our way by itself!

  9. I'm in the exact same situation now, I honestly wouldn't want it any other way and I think he feels the same. He's one of my best friends, despite him being a boy, despite a 7 year age gap and despite having relatively little in common. We get on like we've known each other for years, when in actual fact its only been about 6 months.

    There are just some people out there who you are meant to meet for a reason and it is not always for a romantic reason.

    Friendship is often undervalued in my opinion...

  10. This is a lovely post, 2 of my best friends are guys and I'd do anything for them x

  11. nice post :))

  12. i am an idiot, for the first and only time i ever i had a sort of one night stand, but the guy has a girlfriend. my friends told me they had broken up but back at his house he said yes but didnt seem too sure and then said oh shes not here or something; i feel terrible as i have been cheated on and felt so so so bad because of it. i cant eblieve what ahorrible person i am. will karma get me? what shall i do? oh why oh why

  13. Love ur writing ,:) namvla.blogspot.com

  14. I'm in the same situation. All our friends comment on our relationship and ask when we are going to get together or talk about how much I'm in love with him...for a little while I thought I was madly in love with him but then realised I just love and care for him as my best friend. I would never want anything more because it would just be weird and I am content with how things are...trying to explain the situation to others isn't as easy as you have just written though!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...