Saturday, March 24, 2012

choose you


ph: Elisa N.

i really think you should know,
that of course i would choose you, always,
even though I love the other ones so, so much.
but I must protect my heart or it will never dare to love again.

because even though I love you and would do just about everything for you
you don't even love or respect me as much as to say that we're going to be friends when school's over.
and you will only hurt me even more than now.
but if I choose you every time
I won't have my other beautiful friends next to me when you break me
- once again and even more than you have already done.

don't you see?
I must take care of my heart,
take care of my friends
and sure, you're a friend who'll probably always be in my heart
but you don't deserve it.
you really don't. I would've liked you to though, because (I'll say it once more just because finally now I can admit it's true) I love you.
But I have to take care of the ones who really deserve my love.

and this hurts.
because for some weird reason I would like to choose you.
every time.

12 comments:

  1. So beautiful and so sad. I'm in the same position. You are really brave for deciding to walk away from the one that hurts you. You will be fine, I promise :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this...its so deep and soul-full. A painting in words ♦

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. And you are so strong!

    I can't seem to forget about him and let go, because every time I would choose him, even though he doesn't care about me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just feel the same. Time after time he is the only one I think about even though he really hurt me, its painful to be in love with someone who not love you enough to be with you all the time..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Choose me. I choose you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all go through that at some point

    - tohellwithpoetry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. very wise words, I wish I had this mentality years ago

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in the same exact position.. you'll be fine, i'll be fine, we'll be fine...as people say "maybe it was not the right one" or "it was not the best time for you to meet the right one"
    just remember there are worse things in life, you'll be over him! just keep been brave!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...