Friday, January 20, 2012

thank you

unknown source via we heartit, http://weheartit.com/entry/958002
weheartit

'I love you' is a phrase overused and easily misunderstood. Saying it is all too easy. I'd like to try 'I Thank You' instead. Here is my submission, at 4h29am. I've had no sleep.

You’ve combed my hair when it’s been all in knots; you’ve rubbed my feet when they’ve ached. When I’ve been distressed, or hurt, or disappointed in my friends and in myself, you have stayed on the line to comfort me. You’re never afraid of silences. When I hang up you wait a minute and call right back, without a word of resentment or criticism, just quiet understanding. It’s as if you can sense what I’m feeling and you know just when to call. The most extraordinary thing about you is that as much as I push you away in my spells of anger or distress, you’ll stay right there, unmoving. You’re so stubbornly devoted to me that I wish every day that I had the same patience, wisdom and integrity as you. Never a single grudge have you held. Not once. Not ever. I know I haven’t been easy, but you always help me come round. Sometimes I fear I have little to give you in return for your enduring kindness and love. I can be cold, distant, reactive. I know that you find my conflicted nature challenging, but you never give up on me, even long after I’ve decided to give up on myself. With gentle, firm words you tell me to snap out of it. That’s all I ever needed. Thank you. I don’t know what else to say.

16 comments:

  1. If only she said "I thank you" rather than "I love you," things would've been different...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Beautiful, and so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just wow beautiful i think thank you is the right words for me to use x http://flashprettycameras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. People realize such things sooner or later.. but they don't die without such realization.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool photos! i like your blog!
    check out mine follow back?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finely someone who knows what she's got when she still has it. I like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're one lucky girl! never let go of him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I don't know what else to say."

    Try saying "You have always been so good to me and I owe it to you to learn how to cope in a way that does not push you away." And don't just say it, DO IT. You have been taking advantage of this person whether you choose to see it or not. Own up and be better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. . .this is just so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow that is so beautifully written. tbh its hard to be in a relationship like that. with my ex i was like that but he ended up turning on me. its amazing how when youre so lovely to someone they can turn on you and hate that they owe you something x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so true. Love is like magic. ...Speaking of magic, check out my blog as well..

    ReplyDelete
  12. this could've been me writing this. though i push you away, and lash out, i've always just wanted compassion and kindness i never knew how to ask. with you, i didn't need to. this is my favorite part: 'With gentle, firm words you tell me to snap out of it. That’s all I ever needed.' thank you for this post. the wonder and beauty of love as two people come together and heal and shape and mold each other, continues to constantly astound me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This brought tears to my eyes because it's exactly how I feel about my boyfriend. I really hope I have enough to give him in return.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...