Saturday, August 20, 2011

i’m sorry

i'm sorry love photo love image, http://weheartit.com/entry/13640814
ph: weheartit

I am a true believer that the love between girl friends is something to be cherished, and never to be taken for granted. I’ve developed these beliefs because a year ago I lost two of the most wonderful friends anyone could have asked for. I completely, one hundred percent, took them for granted.

I’ve been through a lot in the past year; my first real apartment, job loss, a break up, and a move 1,300 miles away from my home of twenty-two years. These are the kind of things that are supposed to be discussed over a bottle of wine, or two, with your best girl friends. I laugh, cried, and celebrated alone. Most of my tears were shed not for the losses of a job or a boyfriend but for the loss of friendship.

You see I made some mistakes a year ago and instead of owning up to them, I denied everything. I tried to scheme my way out in the hopes of it all being forgotten in a few weeks time. Like high school drama… there one day, gone the next. Except this wasn’t high school; it was drama that I had brought onto myself. My friends called me out on my bullshit, with what were probably the best intentions, and instead of owning my mistakes I accused my friends of lying. They weren’t. Not even a little bit.

My denial, lies, and selfishness caused me to lose two people who I had considered family. They were done with my crap, and they had every right. Hell, if I were my friend, I’d have done the same thing. I am completely willing to admit (now) that I was the one in the wrong. I will forever regret the choices that I made.

I hope you see this, AB and JB. I know that the damage is done, and I’m okay with that. I just want you to know that I’m sorry. I will always be sorry.

Alyssa

10 comments:

  1. I think you should write this to them and send them via email instead of hoping they read it. It doesn't guarantee they will forgive you but it will guarantee they know you are sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ I wanted to say the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charmed?
    I don't think this is for me but I'm still hoping to get a response from ''you'' to one of my emails. F

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you have to go through this. But maybe everything happens for a reason and if you work it out or gain new friends you'll appreciate them so much more and have a greater friendships then you ever thought possible. It's really tough going through things on your own, especially all of that but keep your head up.

    Goodluck for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://freeluckyeasy.blogspot.com/

    it's my bday

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I think you should write this to them and send them via email instead of hoping they read it. It doesn't guarantee they will forgive you but it will guarantee they know you are sorry." - Anonymous said...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you reach out to them if you haven't already. My best friend did something similar to me and my other two friends and I know that we would all welcome a chance just to make things right. It has taken time to be in a place to forgive her, but I think we have all realized that life is just too short.

    I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you should send this in an email

    ReplyDelete
  9. It can't have effect in fact, that is exactly what I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I suppose that your story is not so unique but it is teaching

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...