Saturday, July 23, 2011

miles between

miles between love photo love image, http://weheartit.com/entry/12713316/via/feellife
ph: weheartit

He left me - again. No he didn't break up with me or leave me for another girl, he left me for another passion of his, traveling. I always knew that even when he came back he would leave again because it's in his blood, it's what comes naturally and passionately to him. When we first started dating he went abroad for 6 months to another country. Even though we had just started dating before he life, it was the hardest 6 months I have ever endured in my life. But we fell in love, the old fashioned way. Through letters and e-mails (not so old fashioned), but everything we did had passion behind it. We didn't touch for 6 whole months. Imagine not being able to have the person you love give you a simple hug because there was literally 7,000 miles between you.

When he returned we were inseparable, but I knew he would eventually leave again. Like I said before, it's in his blood, it's part of his make up. He's a free spirit and someone I look up to. He has brought out qualities in myself that I could never imagine having and that is just a simple reason of many why I'm so crazy about him. He left a week ago to follow his dream and move across country to California. No plans, no expectations, just a dream he has always had.

And what about me? I'm back on the East Coast. As much as I want to scream at him and tell him he's selfish, ask why he left me again, tell him to stay, I won't. Because what kind of girlfriend would I be if I did that? What kind of girlfriend does not support their soul mates dreams even if it does mean being a little selfish? Everything is supposed to happen for a reason and Fate works in way that are unthinkable. I know in my heart that it will work out the way it is supposed to. We fell in love through distance, we fell in love through struggle. We've been together for almost 2 years now and I still get butterflies when I think about touching him again.

I look up to him for what he does and how he does it. At times, I may think he is stubborn and almost impossible but that does not make me love him any less. Struggles make you stronger whether you realize it or not. This time I know it will work even better than it did the last.

16 comments:

  1. u need to talk to him... he is sure to understand u . just talk...TIME HEALS US ALL...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, really like your blog. Have just done a 'love' post that links back to you.

    Rach x

    http://www.thebellafoto.com/2011/07/le-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't touch my boyfriend for 11 months. Then I was with him for 6 days and now 5 more months. I know how much it hurts but I think that if it's meant to be it will be. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so true. you know sometimes they took advantages to us girls because they are over confident they we loved them. :( this is happening to us now. im in a long distance rela too. and its soo hard. :(

    honeylovesandrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. My boyfriend's the same. Well almost. He doesn't travel, he lovelovelove his snowboard and every winter he's going away - leaving me behind. Life is rough so you got to be tough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's exatcly what I went through. And I admire you both for being so strong and held to this feeling for so long even with those barriers of fate.

    I would like so much to talk to the author of this. Please e-mail me if possible: julius.grobel@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really know what you mean when you said ''Imagine not being able to have the person you love give you a simple hug ''
    I like a guy and he likes me too.. but we live so far away.. about 19,000 miles.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. WAR OF MY LIFE
    Battle ship / buy Mr. uKNOWhgOOS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Long distance is really hard. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its simple. he knows abaut your felling. But he try. Sametimes love is not enouth. I know who I am a little pessimistc. So, just we want happines.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why not just go with him?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm on 6months 1 week of a 7month separation and I know what you mean. It's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think i'm in love with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey,

    I know what that's like, but I've mostly been the one travelling lol. Personally I don't do anything long distance mostly because it hurts more than anything. You're a real trooper!! =]

    - Torpedo Panda

    http://questtofindmrright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lelove,

    I know the source of that photo - me! And I was so pleased to see one of my photographs on this blog. Here is where I posted it:
    http://arowantree.blogspot.com/2011/05/procrastination.html

    Although I didn't post it on my blog, the reason I made those paper hearts is because I've fallen in love with a guy who lives 10,500 miles away from me. And who I don't see for 5 months at a time. So it made me happy to see that the photo was used to express someone else's long distance love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. He came to California? Ohhh you better keep an eye on him some how. Girls here are nit only drop dead gorgeous but also straight up hunters. They hunt those men down...no escaping.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...