Friday, May 13, 2011

hope


leilajay

I was the exception. For years we've been best friends.. We once went 8 months without speaking because I confessed I had feelings for you and you were too afraid to admit yours.. What did I do? I hoped. I'd pass by you in school and we'd be complete strangers. How can two people who know so much about each other pretend they don't know each other at all? But still, I hoped. You made me cry and feel horrible about myself because I felt that I was holding on to something that was long gone... Yet still, I hoped. I held on to the memories, I held on to the sound of your laughter and the look you get just before you laugh.. I held on to all of that and I hoped for a miracle. Even if we were just friends, I hoped for that. Just when I was going to give up, I worked up the courage to ask you why.. And you told me you didn't understand why I still held on.. You didn't understand why I wouldn't just give up... And I told you.. I don't give up on people I love.. Even if I'm the last one standing, I would not give up on you. Ever...

We started talking again in February.. and it was different.. It was almost too good to be true.. My best friend asked me what spell I put on you.. I couldn't believe it because suddenly, you were at my doorstep at night when I was having a bad day.. When my phone would light up I knew.. I just knew it was you.. Everything was great.. but we were still just friends. Friends.. and the sad thing is, I know he loves me.. I know he has always loved me. I introduced him to my mother and when we were in the car she told me that he loves me. She just knew.. She felt it. Tell me, why wouldn't he tell me? Why wouldn't he open up? But I was patient.. Whatever, he's what I wanted.. I had my best friend back..

I guess what I'm trying to say is.. even when life give's you every reason to give up, remind yourself of the reasons you're still standing.. Yes, sometimes it's hard to stand up for someone who doesn't love you back.. But love is blind. Love is unconditional.. Actually, what is love? It's not something we feel in our heart or something we contemplate or try to understand in our brains.. It's the energy between two people.. That's love. Love is food! Love is family.. Love is friendship.. And that's what we need to stand up for.. We sit and complain about how life isn't fair and how we might never find love.. But we forget the most important thing: Everything turns out okay in the end.. If it's not okay, it's not the end. So what if the love of your life won't talk to you? So what? You can cry and you can worry but that won't make him see you for YOU. You are your best when you are HAPPY. Forget about them.. Forget and live to the fullest.. Find something you LOVE. And when they realize what they've lost, they'll come back... DON'T play "hard to get" unless you know deep down you really don't want them anymore. If they come back, accept them.. or forever regret what could have been..

I held on.. I never let go and I never gave up on him.. But I didn't let that keep me from living my life.. There were days when I felt like I couldn't get through, but I picked myself up and I smiled. And I got the love in the end.. I know he loves me.. and he has told me so.. He has finally FINALLY faced his fear of accepting what he feels.

My last note.. If you are afraid of showing someone how you feel, don't be.. Honestly, what's the worst that could happen? We are still at the beginning of our lives, there is so much more for us to live for! Life goes on.. Don't let fear hold you back and keep HOPING. Hope got me through the roughest times of my life.. And it will get me through all the others that are bound to come my way.. Don't be a coward, either.. Fear is merely a feeling, cowardice is a choice of action. Be the best you can be, and don't do things you might be ashamed of to live life with no regrets.

with love,
a simple teen.

33 comments:

  1. Thank you SOOOO much! :) I have similar situation and I just know that he loves me. He just doesn't have courage to tell that or maybe he doesn't even had figured it out yet. But I know. And I wait. I know it's worth it.

    And your post made my day and life better. Now I know that I can't never give up 'cause I love him.

    Thank you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspirational message. I loved that you said that you should continue to live your life regardless of what happens. Its the only way to get over someone. That's something I learned recently.

    Thanks for your post. It gave me hope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's truly amazing! Your text really encouraged me, and made a difference on me. So beautiful. I wish that I was so strong that I could get back up and smile even when everything feels like shit. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic and so true. My boyfriend just broke up, but I hope hope hope that he will come back some day. until that time, I will enjoy my life and try to be happy and do what i LOVE. I will wait for him, because i love him and i'm sure he loves me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a stupid, stupid thought, ppl first need to learn difference between loving someone and being in love, and then start writing stuff like this

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this :) Thanks to this special friend who accidentally introduced this website to me last year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's very inspirational. your story is just what i need today. it made me smile. never lost your hope, but sometimes it's better to just let it go... and never look back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love reading all of your texts. Amazing blog and concept.
    x

    http://pariswhenitgiggles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really really really love this text. it's so true and oh my god it fits in my life, in my story perfectly! Nice Blog by the way, I found it at this moment and I already love it ♥ and I have a question: Can I use this text for my Blog and write down, that it's yours? With the source (your Blog)? That would be great and I can show my readers your blog,too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post was really special to me. I have been reading Le love since the beginning and have always felt touched but being a teen in high school, this story couldnt represent my situation any more perfectly. I admire your viewpoint and am so inspired to tell my friend how I feel, because theres no way he doesnt love me back. Thank you for sharing your story because as unsubstancial as you may ever believe it is, it changed my life and has caused me to want to finally take action and conquer fear. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Everything turns out okay in the end.. If it's not okay, it's not the end." This just brought a big smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is EXACTLY what I needed right now. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. finally..another teen who knows what she's talking about<3 that was real good and real inspiring. aha im ganna save that advice on my computer and read it everytime i need something to tell me what to do..everytime im hopeless. i feel for you and you're situation. this kid seems amazing. the advice about play8ing hard to get and if they dont come back move on..gave me chills..thats what i needed. i alwaaaays play hard to get..i dont mean it but thats just how i like to get guys to come get me..so i dont have to work so hard. but anyway. thankyou so much. you have no idea.

    xoxo
    with much love
    eva, another simple teen<3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really moving story. I really needed this. I'm in the same situation as you, I'm totally in love with my best friend. He's my whole world. But I'm so scared to tell him how I feel because I don't know how he would react. I wish I had enough courage to tell him, but I couldn't bear to lose him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i've been harbouring that hope for ages. things aren't as well as i hope it would be. but i'm praying for the best. thanks so much for reminding me that it will be ok in the end. cos if it doesn't its not the end.

    rehtse hope u read this.
    i left. but im still ard. <3 u

    ReplyDelete
  16. What I need to live has been given to me by the earth. Why I need to live has been given to me by you.

    Unknown

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you.... I needed this so much! This is truly inspiring... when people tell me to give up and ask why i dont, this is why. THIS is why right here... I have a tattoo on my hip of a dove representing "hope." This explains it perfectly...

    ReplyDelete
  18. So well written and beautiful. You should never give up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hope is the last thing that leave us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you, so much for this.
    This just gave me back the hope i've been searching for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  21. so well written!!! so nice and now i am so so happy!! thanks!<3

    ReplyDelete
  22. I so love your blog! It hits me to my bones. Can't stop reading. please continue making us happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Friday the 13th was the best day ever! One day I'll tell him!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, you're a teenager and you're this wise. Your entry was filled with inspiring words, as well as your own story. Thanks so much for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for share this... its like MY STORY

    ReplyDelete
  26. i hope once more... he says that after he broke up with me, we will be nothing more than just friends now... but how can that be when he goes back and forth? he misses me... he's not over me... to "i dont want a relationship. we're done forever." in my gut, it doesn't feel finished. idk what to do...

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh.. don't let go, never give up, it's such a wonderful life :)
    love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you thank you thank you for your beautiful words and wisdom. I thought I had to leave the miracle behind, stop hoping forever. But you give me hope again - love is "the energy between two people" and that doesn't go away. Maybe someday he and I will be in the same place to find it again, or maybe I'll recover enough to let a new person in. Whatever happens, love will be there. <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. Its amazing dear..! love yor hope..! it gives so much pleasure to know this..! you made me happy... ma prayers n wishes for your love n life

    ReplyDelete
  30. What will happen if you lose hope ?

    ReplyDelete
  31. It won't succeed as a matter of fact, that's exactly what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  32. i dont know what but im the type of girl who's living with a gigantic, big ego. I cant accept people who has done something hurt to me, even if I love him/her. I agree with what you wrote. Yes we always complaining how unfair life is and wish somehow it could be the opposite but I kinda disagree with what you told, that somehow, I know the boy loves you but somehow its not convincing enough. Im scare that you'll be the victim of heartbroken. Im not so sure if that boy love you bc sometimes, people love us back in order to make us happy, not loving us with all their hearts. Just saying here, no need to get offended.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...