Monday, March 21, 2011

someone like you



I heard that you're settled down,
That you found a girl and you're married now,
I heard that your dreams came true,
Guess she gave you things I didn't give to you,
Old friend, why are you so shy?
Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light,

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited,
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it,
I had hoped you'd see my face,
And that you'd be reminded that for me it isn't over,

Never mind, I'll find someone like you,
I wish nothing but the best for you, too,
Don't forget me, I beg,
I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love,
But sometimes it hurts instead,"
Sometimes it lasts in love,
But sometimes it hurts instead, yeah,

You know how the time flies,
Only yesterday was the time of our lives,
We were born and raised in a summer haze,
Bound by the surprise of our glory days,

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited,
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it,
I had hoped you'd see my face,
And that you'd be reminded that for me it isn't over,

Never mind, I'll find someone like you,
I wish nothing but the best for you, too,
Don't forget me, I beg,
I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love,
But sometimes it hurts instead,"

Nothing compares,
No worries or cares,
Regrets and mistakes, they're memories made,
Who would have known how bittersweet this would taste?

Nevermind, I'll find someone like you,
I wish nothing but the best for you,
Don't forget me, I beg,
I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love,
But sometimes it hurts instead,"

Nevermind, I'll find someone like you,
I wish nothing but the best for you, too,
Don't forget me, I beg,
I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love,
But sometimes it hurts instead,"
Sometimes it lasts in love,
But sometimes it hurts instead.

-Adele

27 comments:

  1. This song literally just went off as I went to this page. This is one of those songs that makes me go, "They get it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rare piece of perfect, true, tragic beauty <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't work in my country :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adele's music gets me every time. She takes me to places I've forgotten.
    Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I adore this song!

    "Someone like you" at Brit Awards 2011 - a m a z i n g...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adele is so beautiful and the lyrics to this song really resonates with you. She's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At the moment, this is my favorite song. It is so painfully beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the word from above comments.. it really expresses how I feel after listening to the song and reading along the lyrics.

    "Painfully beautiful"

    Really best describes it....


    *:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.
    Visit Me @ puddingberry.blogspot.com
    *:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.*:.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the best songs ever! I love her and her voice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of the best songs ever! I love her and her voice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this song. It's so sad, yet so beautiful.
    ~Ariel at http://adreamersdaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every song by adele is so beautiful..saying everything I am struggling to say each day. I listen to this song every morning... <3 Adele!!! Makes me cry!

    http://www.kemmamariew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLSbsWvOwFA&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Adele's voice and music. It's amazing how she really gets through. So beautiful! I absolutely love "Chasing Pavements"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and sad. I love the song

    ReplyDelete
  16. Megan, same exact thing happened to me! Wow, so weird. As I clicked this song to play on my itunes, I decided to check Le Love and this post was the first thing I saw. Fate?

    ReplyDelete
  17. this couldn't be a more perfect song. so sad, yet in some situations so true.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i totally can relate to this song. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  19. so beautiful, love this song!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this song, I listen to it constantly. When I hear it I remember the sadness and regret that comes from putting everything into someone and not getting anything back and constantly looking for ways to extract another drop of love from his unwilling heart...I don't ever want to be in that place, ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I watched this one interview with Adele, and she talked about this song. She said she wrote it about the love of her life, and that when she met him, it was just bad timing.

    She's so talented, and one of the reasons I love her music is because you can hear straight to her soul every time she opens her mouth to sing. Just incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This song is my life.. Spent 4 years with "the one".. The sun rose and set with him and he was my everything .. I couldn't wait around anymore for him to want to settle down anymore and back and forth we tried to leave each other.. Finally it ended- amicably we left things wanting the best fir each other .. 4 months later he was engaged - a whirlwind romance and in an instant 4 years of love sweat and tears were undone..
    He got married two days ago. Although I have moved on and have someone who now thinks the sun rises and sets with me- a small piece of me still wonders if he still thinks of me?

    ReplyDelete
  23. To my mind one and all must browse on it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...