Saturday, December 18, 2010

trying to hide your love


weheartit

At first you loved me, I didn't care, it was fun. You were beautiful, not as much in your body as in your smile and your all-loving nature. I got addicted to your attention but I wasn't ready for the closeness. At last i surrendered, and that is the story of how I lost it all. It endured for 12 agonizing months. We both changed in the wrong direction. We came too far from what we really were inside. Now love is gone. It was untrue to my heart, and cruel to yours to be like that. I'm too selfish. I always ended up getting hurt from some indifferent things you said, and I always thought it was something terrible about how you didn't like me anymore - anything could be translated to this.

It's like this baby I once heard of. She lived in an orphanage where the "parents" didn't give the children enough to drink. After 1½ year of only the very smallest amount of water the girl was taken away, she was placed in a new family. The new parents wondered why she would go around hiding cups and glasses of water all over their house, in the strangest of places. But knowing her story, they wouldn't have wondered at all... I wish I was wise and knew always what to say. I wish I was cool and always sweet and helpful. But the fact is I wasn't. I was just too busy running around trying to hide your love in so many places that in the end we both got so confused that we even forgot how to be friends. I wish I could go back and change it all, maybe slap my self in the head and make me understand that sometimes saying and doing nothing is the most loving thing you can do. Love is, when you write about it, easily becoming clichés, that is because love in its form IS a cliché, but love in its art is very rare. I think I've learned my lesson. Wish you'd come back to me Elaine...

Guybrush

17 comments:

  1. Sometimes partners find us and as much as we try to push them away they work their way into our lives regardless, until we finally realize how much we need them.~ Dexter Morgan
    Amazing story Guybrush, believe in true love and never give up. She knows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Reminds me so much of my situation. Running from the one who treated me different and deep down who i truely loved, but once I realised this his mind was anywhere but thinking about me. Now i've lost him completely as a friend and thats the part that hurts the most.

    Hope you get the girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Love on its form is a cliché, but love in its art is very rare" - That is so true and so perfectly expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you let her in when the walls fall down you will be truly happy:) when we are scared of letting love in we run but if you stop and take a good look the moist beautiful thing love is right ion front of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what a beautiful text. reminds me of so much stuff from the past

    thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post. I really like the lines " we got so far from reality that we even forgot how to be friends " and " i think i have to slap my self on the head before hiding your love " completly true. And the way you compared the baby 's story and yours is amazing. I think you have learnt a lesson from your past. Now just wait for your love. He will surely come back.... ... I am writing a blog. May be its not TOO perfect. Check my blog once if you like it then be my follower...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy reading your blog but I hate how you've linked it to both Facebook and Twitter I realise it's already on an online forum which anyone can read but I feel linking those to types of media had made it less personal and desensitised you're posts...for me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice story. I feel like your sometimes, but I find new ways to appreciate the mundane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well are you people going to dream your lives away or take action? This is pathos. I hope you find what your looking for ... before it consumes you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful story, making me feel rather sad on this monday morning. hope you find you love one day again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely text! But I really do believe the reference to a humorfilled computergame was a bit... misplaced.

    I hope you learned something valueable from your story. Maybe next time (yes, there will be a next time) you will try to not throw it away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. http://livingthings.blogg.se

    min nya blogg med en blandning av korta verklighetsbaserade texter av mig och texter av mer eller mindre kända människor.
    läs och släng gärna in en kommentar!

    ReplyDelete
  13. nah bro, you need to meet someone else, because if you don't, you're going to wake up one day and realise you just wasted all this time dwelling on it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not dwelling, as I concluded I learnt my lesson. The text wasn't about ONE person, but about LOVE. Elaine is a reference from a humorous computergame yeah, but also a reference for when I first experienced love at the age of 5 - love often go well together with humour and happiness, don't ever forget that. Love without a smile is not love, at least in my oppinion.
    - Victor

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...