Tuesday, October 19, 2010

three words


unknown

I just love you.

Words demand explanation. They require analysis. They are the construction and expression of my thoughts. Of my heart. But they can't describe it. They can't describe any of it. They can't tell you how deep the memories are, or how often I think of them. They can't scream what I really want to say. They are the mask of how I really feel and they try to disguise the pain, but someone will strip it away. And someone will make those words worthless.

So what is a word worth? Nothing. What are three words worth? Nothing. But we say them anyway, because you know. You know, more than anyone what they mean. You know when I say I love you, I really mean that those three words can't describe what it is we have. When I say you're amazing, I know the word is just a cover; a quick way for me to remember all the things that amaze me about you, a mask for the memories we share, a disguised version of our adventures together. And I really believe that you know, when I say I miss you, it's not just that. I miss you every moment, and I miss just what your name means to me. It means an alphabet of sounds and letters and words. But none of them really mean anything, because words are based on trust, they rely on how truly and deeply we feel. Remember, always, that they don't mean anything, they are letters and they are constructions, but we deconstruct them every day and we twist them; we manipulate them so that they say what we want them to. But no word, no shape, no photograph could ever twist so far that it could begin to explain even a little bit of how I feel.

- L

30 comments:

  1. This is perfection distilled to its purest form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words can't kill person but it kills when comes from someone that we love.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you are conveying here. This is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These 3 words are a reflection of what we feel. Of course a reflection can never be totally identical to the original image.

    Don't forget to visit and follow Lovers' Shore
    http://lovers-shore.blogspot.com/ Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful. I wish that I will love in that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reflecting about it...

    http://carrouseldelamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely agree with you; it`s so true, words can`t express even a half of what we feel; sometimes I wish I could read minds and souls, because there are times when I don`t even know what to think. But it`s also good that we have words to express a little part of what we feel..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Weird how people created a word for this feeling. I mean, it's too strong and it means too much things to be sum up in four letters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love love love love love... no matter how many times i say it or read about it there's no justice to it! pictures, mmm almost.

    ReplyDelete
  11. true, so true.. more than words..

    ReplyDelete
  12. That´s so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jag vill inte kritisera din blogg. otroligt fina bilder, men kom igen.. varför så heteronormativ. Fler bögar och flator! :D Ha det!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Är det en tvättmaskin som du/ni har i köket?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. I felt my heart racing as I read each word, my eyes fixated on the screen. That one person in my head the entire time, and now I know.. It's them. Thank you for making me realise. Now it's time for me, to use my building blocks that are; words, and set the foundations of something real.

    This post is something I will remember for a very long time to come. Thank you. It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I usually just come to this blog to see cute pictures, I never read the stories, but I did with this one. Liked it so much I sent it to my boyfriend. Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. and sometimes is frustrating how you want to say something that you feel... but you just cant do it beacause you dont find the correct words to express how you feel..

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. thats what i felt exactly a few days later! reblogged it <3!

    www.dance-inthemoonlight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. these 3 words are so important in life that we rarely understand its depth when everything is fine.
    people who do not have the opportunity anymore, who don't have their beloved person near them to say these 3 words, they only understand the pain of not being able to say it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. To say "I love you!" is a piece of cake. To prove it is a lifetime to take.

    http://lbpenmaster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...