Sunday, April 18, 2010

how good it makes us feel.


I have never felt as much pain in my heart as I did during my fifteenth birthday. I had been looking forward to that day for as long as I could remember – I was the last one out to turn fifteen and my first love wanted to see me. I had been waiting for him the whole day and I was so curious about how he was going to surprise me. The sun was slowly fading and soon it was hidden by beautiful pink clouds – the kinds that only show themselves during lukewarm summer nights. I met up with what I thought was the love of my life and he surprised me, he shocked me so bad I lost my breath. And in that very moment I honestly believed I was going to die. When I finally was able to breathe again, without knowing what I was about to do, I ran away – from the love of my life.

I just kept on running not knowing where I was about to go, but I found a park bench and I sat down for a while. I tried to think clearly, but I couldn’t, what had just happened? Why couldn’t I breathe? Had I been running? Why? I tried to remember what had happened, and then suddenly a lightening rushed through my chest and I remembered what had just happened – it was my fifteenth birthday and my first true love had left me.

I don’t know for how long I was sitting at that park bench, but I remember I watched people walking by – they all seemed so happy, how was that possible? I heard the sound of my phone ringing time and time again, but I didn’t have the strength to answer, I didn’t have the power to move a single muscle. I was thinking about how to get home, if maybe I would have to go to the hospital, though the pounding pain in my chest never seemed to give in. I was thinking and thinking and I found it all rather ironic – me, Isabelle, had been dumped on my fifteenth birthday, what a goddamn karma. I had never been God’s greatest child, but I never figured it would turn out to be this bad.

All of a sudden I saw my dad standing right in front of me, when I saw his face I knew that he knew what had happened. He grabbed my hand and led me to the car which was parked a few blocks away. When I came home I went straight to bed, where I spent the following days. I wanted to know why my first love had left me, I wanted to hear his explanation and I wanted to know exactly what he had told me the day he left me, because I couldn’t remember anything.

It’s truly impossible to put words on the pain I felt inside of me, but the pain never gave in, it just kept on stealing the insignificant energy I had left. The pain burned through my chest, tore my heart to pieces and my crying never seemed to come to an end. Time was running away and every day I was thinking to myself “Tomorrow the pain will be gone”, but it never was. Until a chilly autumn day in the middle of November, I unexpectedly caught myself thinking there wasn’t anything scratching like barbed wire around my heart – the pain was gone. The memories were still there though as well as the fear, but the actual pain inside my body had disappeared.

The thing is that there isn’t the moment when I was dumped in literal sense that’s putting a strain on me today. It’s when I think about the pain I feel sad, or rather scared, because if I felt like that then – then my heart will stop beating for real when the person who gives me a reason to live leaves me. I am going to cry so hard I’m not going to be able to breathe and I won’t be able to calm down or even control myself.

I think that’s exactly why we are afraid of love. Because in truth been told we do know that it’s possible to actually love someone too much, we know the possibility does exist. Isn’t that crazy – to love someone too much? We also do know love always ends unfortunate. Even if love lasts a whole lifetime there comes a time when we are torn apart by death, which frightens me a lot.

But then we got to think like this as well, even how miserably love seems to end it doesn’t mean the ending reveals the history we’ve shared together. Even though love sometimes hurt really badly we also have to remember how good it makes us feel. It makes us feel free, like we can live forever. Love is like a movie – you cannot dislike a wonderful movie with a bad ending – it’s just not possible to feel sad and angry about the bad ending if the rest of the movie felt like a dream.



  1. Beautiful. This tugged at my heart strings a bit. xx

  2. Lovely words. I think everyone can relate to losing their first love, whether they be 15 or 20 or 30. It's a pain that is indescribable.

    But all we can do is hope.

  3. This tugged me so hard. I believe every word. I feel the same and I agree with everything written.
    Fabulous job.

  4. Heartachingly beautiful.
    That first love truly is the hardest to get over, and although it does become a little more bearable as you grow older and wiser, the pain never completely goes away.
    At least, not for me. Not yet.

  5. This was by far one of the best stories on Le Love.

    There is only one boy, in the whole wide world who can send a jolt of lightning through my body. Only one. Goddamn. Boy.

  6. I love that image, nice story but.... hard to remember to good times without focusing on the end. It`s a skill we should all learn.

  7. Breath taking. Wise words.

  8. what a beautiful piece of work. i love how you have put your feelings into this text.

    "it’s just not possible to feel sad and angry about the bad ending if the rest of the movie felt like a dream" - amazing!

  9. so cute picture, but the text is too long. it can be boring to some readers like me.

  10. That's a great and perfect change.

  11. these could have been my words. just not on my 15th birthday, but 2 weeks after it.. A month later I too ran away. Crazy you just told my story.

  12. beautiful words!


    follow me on

  13. Agree with ellie. Losing your first love, most hardest thing ever.

  14. agreed, it's the most difficult thing that you will ever do... and that person who you fell in love with will always be a part of you.. always, no matter how much you don't want them there... they always will be.
    this is beautiful

  15. beautiful. i wish i could still believe in love, believe in the story that comes before the tearing apart like that. i really hope no one stops believing...

  16. Whoa, beautiful.
    I can relate 100% to this, except my pain is not gone.
    Not yet.

  17. I have felt the exact same feeling. When my first love dumped me, I could swore that I was going to die beacuse of the pain in my heart was to strong to survive. I cried so much I could barely breath, uncountable nights but somehow I suddenly healed and the pain stopped.

  18. Someone once told me that, 'love is giving someone the potential to destroy you but trusting that they won't',thats why the ones we love can hurt us the most but they can also give us the most happiness.

    Its amazing to think nearly all human beings want love even with this risk, perhaps because the good times will always outweigh the bad because when it works love is a feeling high above any other and so in some way compensates for the kind of bad experiences you describe.

    I hope you feel better and remember the good times as well.

  19. beautiful post! i too can relate to this as i have also recently experienced this kinda pain! some people think guys are less easily hurt but thats not true.. i felt the same and closer to my 23rd birthday! heavy days... really relevant and heartfelt post!

    i also have a blog about love if you all wanna check it out!! its much more simple but i'd love if you to help me get the ball rolling and then maybe it can grow!

  20. Well said. My boyfriend just left me a month ago and I can still remember that horrible pain I had in my body when he said to me. It's so difficult to describe that feeling. I agree... when I was in love, the world looked a lot brighter and happier. I am trying to live through the pain day by day.

  21. This is so beautiful. really really loved the 'movie' comparison, so true!

    all the best to you, girl! xx

  22. Thank you for your article. Then let's see something about cosplay. You must be interested in it.
    Cosplay Get Its Own Magazine: Cosplay Gen
    cosplay is big. Very big. China Wholesale More than half of all kids at anime conventions these days are cosplaying cosplay costumes.

    Relax, cheap cosplay costumes it’s nothing scary. Cosplay is just the Japanese word for dressing up in costume. naruto cosplay You know, like you do on Halloween... cosplay naruto except if you spent four months making your costume, Kingdom Hearts Cosplay and made all of the props yourself instead of buying everything out of a package at the temporary local Halloween Superstore cheap cosplay.

    In an indication of just how big the international cosplay community is getting, anime cosplay May will see the launch of a new, English-language cosplay magazine anime cosplay costumes out of Europe called Cosplay Gen. wholesale costume The 72-page issue #1 Japanese School Uniform will include tons of photos, interviews, profiles, DIY tutorials and a pull-out poster. Final Fantasy Cosplay Pre-order your copy now and receive a free issue of Otaku Magazine Bleach Cosplay.

  23. I lost my first love yesterday. It hurts so bad, but in some kind of way, this made me feel better. At least for a while... So thank you for writing this. It really gave me hope.

  24. i actually like this story
    first one i ever read on this stupid site.

  25. Really, the pain when you lost a love is undescribable. I love your words, I love your history and I cry so much!

  26. It will not succeed in reality, that's exactly what I think.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...