Saturday, March 6, 2010

we


fotolog

This is a happy one, or at least it is to me.

After not even three months, I'm almost positive that I want to stay here in this city with him. The east coast, for all its prestigious colleges and historic cities, doesn't hold any interest for me anymore.

I think I'd rather stay here and go to PNCA with Jordan than some university that has alumni everywhere. I'd probably end up riding a stupid fixed gear and staying vegan.
We'd shop at outdoor farmers markets for produce during the summer and grow some of our own vegetables in the backyard. Of course, over time our house would get better and it would truly be both of ours instead of just pretending that I'd moved in. There would be weekends of too much Pabst, weekends of not enough. One of us would have to start gauging. We'd drink tea out of glass jars. Buy local. Go by train. Solar energy. 100% recycled. I'll get hooked on coffee too.

And then eventually we'd grow up and stop going to house shows. Everyone will (hopefully) do less drugs. Lose the wildness of youth and everything will be tamer. We'll start caring about city taxes and go out for breakfast on the weekends to read the newspaper and then come home clean the house. We'll meet our friends in lounge night clubs instead of dirty houses.
I don't know if the city will stay the same, but at least the rain will, and the summers too.

I'm really not romantic at all. I've never been one to fantasize about getting married, I don't care about kids, and I've never even been one to fantasize about the future with anyone, except him. I just know that staying here would make me happier than anything because I want to be anywhere my love is.

x

31 comments:

  1. awww I love happy post like this one on le Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really made me smile. Dreams like these, especially when they're unusual for you, are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree that there is always more than the superficial. When you get to find your meaning, then everything or anything will be more than enough.
    I am happy to read this post, refreshing and inspiring. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! It was a joy to read this post. It reminded of Magnetic Field songs on the album "69 Love Songs."
    I loved this "There would be weekends of too much Pabst, weekends of not enough... We'd drink tea out of glass jars"

    http://sarahhartsu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous post!!!! :D

    http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pardon my attitude but you sound very young! It almost never works out when you change schools for a boy/girl and you may end up wishing that you didn't.
    Still, part of me is glad to see anyone follow their heart in a situation such as this.
    Good luck with it!
    Chas

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey I just found your blog and this post is really beautiful!

    //Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. :] awh man, this post is great. sounds pretty perfect..

    and omigosh, i'm loving the leggings the girl in the pic is rocking..

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for always making me smile. I probably should give you more feedback :) this is my favourite blog. you make the love SHINE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Didn't go to uni so won't give advice. I like your writing. It makes me want to do the things you want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is lovely :) sums up everything I want out of life! Thankyou x

    ReplyDelete
  12. a happy one and a great one. perfect for almost-spring

    ReplyDelete
  13. the best place in the world is where your sweetheart is.
    http://lovers-shore.blogspot.com/2010/03/loves-meloves-me-not.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is dead sweet, I could see it all in my head and it made me happy. I hope you stay happy

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post is about someone from Portland, Oregon. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know what they say..."home is where the heart is..."

    ReplyDelete
  17. aw, I have never pictured my future with another person in it. This makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all your Blogs! I can't find the button to follow you :(?!

    kisses from germany

    www.fashionata-welovedesiger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was sweet! Thanks for sharing in your happiness

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love it! So great! Very easy to visualize and grasp. : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. ive lost the love of my life going to the same uni, things just dont work out the way you plan, I promise

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is the most beautiful post I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so happy for you! :)

    i felt this way once, but he did't feel it back.

    ReplyDelete
  24. that just made me cry inside.. I amin a cubicle and I dreaming of the one I just met.. I will tell you the story if you would like :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. i was never one to plan my wedding as a young girl, i could never imagine my future at all, until i met him. and then it didn't matter what my future was, as long as he was in it. while i go to university, he is working. he wouldve followed me anywhere i needed to go for uni. some people might say we're crazy, judge us and say we don't know what love is and yes, we're only 18, but when it comes down to it love is love and when it's right you just know.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, there is really much useful data here!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I read this 3 months after I started dating my boyfriend back in 2010 and it really spoke to me. We have now been married for 2 years and together for 4.5. I was young and in love and I am still just as in love. Sometimes when you know you know!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...