Thursday, October 22, 2009

you broke into my heart


soulmatesandwashingmachines

Do you remember what I was when we first met? I'd built walls around my heart, gated them, and thrown away the key. I had been hurt, I told you from the beginning. I'd been used, tricked, played with, but most of all, hurt. I thought it best to never fall in love again. So I locked my heart.

You figured it out quite soon. I said don't fall in love with me. I cannot fall in love with you. I won't. I'm too hurt, too damaged, too afraid to go through all of this once more. I'd decided love was just a scam. So we became friends, and that was okay with me, and with you. And it was all nice and comforting and I let myself trust you.

You would listen to me for hours, as we talked about everything and nothing. You learned why I wasn't willing to let anyone love me, and though you said you would never do that kind of a thing to me, I wasn't ready to trust you to test it out. I kept my walls intact even when I started remembering where I'd thrown the key. It was the only way to keep myself from falling in love.
But then something happened. I woke up three weeks ago and realised that I love you. And you said you love me, and you cannot promise we will be forever but you can promise not to hurt me. I believed you. I still didn't realize how I'd come to love you, how you came to find the key to my heart.

Now I know. You didn't find the key. You broke into my heart, and I let you. Just don't break my heart.

-K

37 comments:

  1. it's so overwhelmingly beautiful.
    image and words.
    thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it..
    It´s so beautiful everytthing that you write!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how lovely!

    www.loveandlifeinpictures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your blog, read it 4 times everyday. i'm addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! :)
    I just made my own blog, similarly based upon love like yours. Its an amazing thing, thanks for inspiring me xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this too! Your blog inspired my last post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's beautiful. It happens when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like better this heart: http://leloveimage.blogspot.com/2008/12/get-in-here.html

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! he or she will teach you about the wonderful people about there, make it easier to spot the ones that aren't worth it
    i wish you both so much happiness together

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so perfect and very well-written. definitely hits home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is me, right now. Everything you are expressing, I feel right now!
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh. My. Gawd. This JUST happened to me. Just 3 days ago. I woke up and realized I was in love with him. I told him last night. Now what...

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahh, i could've wrote these words myself, this is exactly how i feel right now :).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!
    I absolutely love your blog and I'm so honoured that you used one of my images!

    http://soulmatesandwashingmachines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. i hope the best for you. i really do. cause i went through the same thing. difference is. mine got broken again. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing. I have goosebumps. Exactly how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  17. When will you realise that you love me too?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, the exact same thing happened to me!
    it's unbelievable how well this is written, and how i felt the exact same way.
    Except that in the end, he did break my heart.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is my story, and I just about broke down into tears when reading this. Our 3 year anniversary is coming up and I couldn't be happier!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, there is really much worthwhile info here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...