Tuesday, September 29, 2009

half is not whole


tumblr

the danger of a broken heart is not the pain.
not the tears, or anger.
not the ache, not the loneliness,
not the quiet, the empty seat, the bed now much too big.

the danger of a broken heart is what we have to repair it with.
mistrust, hopelessness, faux comfort.
independence.
the oaths we take. what we swear to ourselves.
the danger is self-reliance.

the danger is that these stitches in our heart don't fall out.
that they are there to stay.
because they must.

the danger is that we know it isn't about love anymore.
and,
it isn't about how perfect we are in our world.
it's about how perfect we are in theirs.

the danger is that two became one.
and a half of one...
well.

half is not whole.

but now we must make it so.

-lauren

29 comments:

  1. I feel this... and it's especially hard when he's found a new whole and you're still broken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image.
    Sad but true words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true. I really feel you. (: this post is perfect. <3 thanks Lauren. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. sad ):

    love-decoded.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog,it´s so cute...
    A lot ot kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my. I relate to this so much - very true stuff indeed.
    Thank you so much for your posts. I stumbled upon this blog a week or so ago and now I'm hooked.
    Have a wonderful day,

    Elise xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw you published me. :)

    thank you.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true.
    Today I was told by the man I love that he never wants to see me again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that so true! finally, someone's able to put this into words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is one of my favorite posts, all around.

    ReplyDelete
  12. holding breath. exhale slowly...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hummm...So true and so difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your blog, but oh my goodness, you must credit your images!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your poetry! I really admire it. I always write poetry about love and broken hearts too, check out my blog if you get a chance.

    i absolutely love yours

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loove this poem, it's so epic :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, I really, really want to know where this image is from ... I want to buy it and hang it in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please please say where this image is from.

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice blogging over love...
    free dating services http://tringuladating.com/ a dating services providing site for singles

    ReplyDelete
  20. absolutely beautifully written...and a fantastic truth to those of us romantics- well done Lauren, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saw a lot of useful material in this post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...