Saturday, August 22, 2009

waiting


dropular

another great e-mail:

My life has been short but I have already learned quite a bit about love... Not through personal experience, but more through seeing others I know love. Some love and lose, some lose someone they might have loved and luckily some love each other forever. I think about that one or many loves constantly, always hoping I don't miss my chance. My fear of never finding that love has made me create an unattainable goal in my head: find the perfect guy you will find the perfect relationship and you will get the perfect life. That whole scenario is what I've been looking for.

But I have realized That kind of perfectness does not exist in a person. It exists in a connection, a relationship. That is what love is. Love is that person who isn't necessarily perfect, but it perfect for you.

They say real love comes when you aren't searching for it. I used to think that it was absurd to say that because most everyone is searching for love; and many do find it. But of all those people I know, who I've watched love, though it may not have lasted forever, I've realized one thing. They all loved. There isn't a person I know who could end their life saying they haven't loved. The moment I realized that was the moment I stopped searching. I stopped searching for that perfect guy, for that perfect relationship, for that perfect life.

I've never been in love. But I am waiting for it. No longer searching. Waiting, because I know it will come.


49 comments:

  1. I do finally understand everything, it's what you said makes so much sense to me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!

    Have a good day
    Hugs Gunilla in Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a good way to put it: waiting not searching.
    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what the other ones who have comment said is enough! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful post - props to whoever wrote that. i love the picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so beautifully written. i hope love will come to whoever wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also waiting. Waiting for somebody to love me.. the pic is amazing!

    http://thelostlion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! I know exactly what they mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoever wrote this will end up the happiest person alive. This is what I've come to realize about love. I say the same thing about the guy I love: he's not perfect, but he's perfect for me.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a beautiful email...

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful.so i'm not the only one waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  12. simply beautiful and true :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I left you something on my blog, please check it out! I love your blog!

    x, ash

    http://ashtondenesantics.blogspot.com/2009/08/omg.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi!



    follow me please!
    http://musicandme91.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful words. Just the kind of encouragement we all need. I'm going to try and take this to heart!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wonderful post!!!
    perfect words and pic...


    http://lihland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. often times i feel that i'm going to end up alone & without love but reading your blog & reading the emails people send in gives me hope.
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is exactly what I needed to read! You pretty much took what ive been thinking the past couple days and put it into words. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your header pic. Ah romance!

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for posting this it made me realize something, that I need to stop looking because the boy I love is right in front of me. He's my bestfriend.
    Your blog is beautiful
    {xoxo}
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, then I'll wait too. Wait for someone to love me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is why I love this blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so cute! Hope live will find it's way for you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful words. It is so true that once you stop searching, you'll find it. It happened to me : )

    ReplyDelete
  25. My first break up was when I was 17. After about 6 mouths of being angry I wrote this poem. The next day I meet someone new.

    Thank you for never being there when I needed you.
    Thank you for kicking me when I was down.
    Thank you for making me realize, I would never be good enough.
    Thank you for never loving me.

    You have made me a bitter person.
    And I hate you for that.

    Thank you for making me independent.
    Thank you for making me feel strong.
    Thank you for giving me self confidence and motivating me to be the best.
    Thank you for helping me love myself.

    You have made me a better person.
    And I love you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So sweet. I hope this person finds the love they are looking (waiting) for.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful image. Beautiful words. What a beautiful blog!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Woo Woo Woo (Living Singles reference) I too will be waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  29. this is really adorable.. this text inspires me and i think the same.. actually i wasn't looking for the perfect guy, but last year when i met a boy at the beach we fell immediately in love.. love on first sight huh ;D
    and we still love each other though we sometimes fight, that's normal in a realtionship.. so don't look for the perfect love story..

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your blog is full of funny stuff. Most of all threads are great. I like your blog very much.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like the skull in the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  32. your blog makes me impossibly happy

    ReplyDelete
  33. brace yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gosh, there is really much worthwhile data here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...