Wednesday, May 6, 2009

i want


ru_glamour

"I want to be a lost poem in a stranger's coat pocket, that conveys the importance of you.
To assure you of my desire, to assure you of dreams. I want all the possibilities of you in writing.
I want to give you your reflection, I want your eyes on me, I want to travel to the lightness with you and stay there, and I want everything before you...
...everything before you to follow us like a trail behind me.
I want never to say goodbye to you, even on the street corner or the phone.
I want, I want so much... I'm breathless.
I want to put my power into a poem to burn a hole in your pocket so I can sew it.
I want my words to scream through you. I want the poem not to mean that much.
And I want to contradict myself by accident, and for you to know what I mean.
I want you to be distant and for me to feel you close, I want endless days when it's day and... nighttime never to end when it's night.
I want all the seasons in one day. I want the sun to set before us and come up in front of us.
I want water up to our waists and to be drenched by the rain, up to our ankles with holes in our shoes.
...with holes in our shoes. I want to think your thoughts because they're mine.
I want only what's urgent with you.
I want to get in the way of the barriers and I want you to be a tough guy when you're supposed to,
like you do already.
...when you're supposed to. And I want you to be tender, like you do already.
And I want us to have met for a reason and I want that reason to be important.
And I want it to be bigger than us, I want it to take over us.
I want to forget. I want to remember us.
And when you say you love me I don't want to think you really mean New York City, and all the fun
we have in it.
And I want your smile always, and your grimaces too.
I want your scar on my lips, and I want your disappointments in my heart.
I want your strength in my soul and I want your soul in my eyes.
I want to believe everything you say, and I do.
And I want you to tell me what's best when I don't know.
And when you're lost I want to find you.
And when you're weary I want to give you steeples and cathedral thoughts and coliseum dreams.
I want to drag you from the darkness and kneel with you exhausted with the blinding light blaring on us... and..."
-chelsea walls

anna thanks for sending this poem my way :)

27 comments:

  1. what a hot picture... and what a lovely poem :)
    i must say that i adore your blog. i come here all the time to fall in love with love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I can feel the breath between their mouths when I look at that photo. I love it.
    But even more,
    I love the poem.
    It's so honest and beautiful.
    I feel like it's real, and not just fantastical, yet the realness it conveys IS ideal to what we want.
    That poem is honestly so beautiful that I think I will print it out and tape it to my bedroom wall.
    It's one of the most beautiful poems I've read in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That poem is just amazing! It's probably one of the best I've ever seen, since it absolutely reflects my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poem is simple amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this poem is amazing! i can feel the passion seeping through the computer screen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!
    I know this is very random but I'm trying to create a blog and it keeps cutting my pictures.
    Yours doesn't cut them so I was wondering how do you do it.
    Please help me out, if it were no a bother.

    thanks
    ps.Love olsensanonymous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved it! I'm kinda surprised it was so beautiful and touching, I hope I can say at least half of it to someone someday...

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwwwwwh!anna,sighs! can i share this with my loved one? hehe pleassse.I read this poem twice,if not more.

    ♥ovage..

    ReplyDelete
  9. That picture is of Jude Law and Sadie Frost from an article in English Elle circa 1998 if anyone's interested. It is also very similar to work by Man Ray/Lee Miller :) Great blog ~Li

    ReplyDelete
  10. you may like this photos:
    http://picfor.me/ru/tag/Love/209

    ReplyDelete
  11. i sent you this poem TIMELESS By David J. Malysa which is basically the first lines of this girl's poem..

    ReplyDelete
  12. actually.. after reading it more, it looks like she just changed every line a little to her liking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. -the poem is from the film Chelsea Walls, 2001, directed by Ethan Hawke. It is stunning! Good forward, and perfect for this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow..qhat a really nice poem..I'm thinking of posting it in my blog=)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The words are so powerful. Beautiful poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh man then the one i found is the fake haha oops

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this poem..simple yet meaningful

    ReplyDelete
  18. Man, I guess I want what you want. Very descriptive poem.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Almost made me confess my love for this boy. :/ *whew (Time isn't right yet)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It won't work in actual fact, that is what I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Goodness, there is a lot of worthwhile info above!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love love poems.It's very great,i like the picture too.Looking to see more love poems on this blog.
    Love Poems

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...