Monday, March 23, 2009

birthday wishes ♥


Eight years ago on this day you told me you loved me.
It was over spilled bong water as your sister screamed for everyone to leave her room.
You soon got very sick and I cloistered you in the bathroom.
Over the next three hours you spoke to me in sign language.
From under the influence you revealed the sealed depth of your love for me.
I feared you would forget the forms that had been uttered.

That was the gift you gave me on your twenty first birthday...your love.
And now, on your twenty ninth, you still dwell in this intoxicated realm.
You are an undisturbed voice in my life.
Our love is a natural possession that has endured through the years.
The hushed verse of destiny birthed you upon me with ingenious heat.
And I attach myself to the sensations of our ample past towards the rich restlessness that lies in wait.

-LDA
____________________________________________________
this was sent to me for le love and i ♥ it. so romantic :)

14 comments:

  1. nice... everything. this is a badass. blog.

    dosepoet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely one of the very most romantic things I've ever read. It's beautiful. If someone ever said something like that to me, I think I'd have to at least consider marrying them. It's beautiful emotions expressed in beautiful writing.
    And that cactus picture is awesome. I love finding hearts in nature. My boyfriend gave me a heart shaped rock he found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, so sweet...and the pic is incredible
    xoxo
    Iole

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture. Can stand for a lot of different things, or just be beautiful! :)
    And the words, so real and specific, yet easy to relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!


    -new louboutin for barneys
    and marc jacobs engaged
    in my blog http://siqlogic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cactus picture! What's better than a cactus? A cactus in the shape of a heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww! how did they get the cactus like that?

    i just did a video interview with an awesome band - would be great on nylons summer music tour list
    listen and comment:
    http://candywashington.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is so romantic...i love the cactus pic

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been a visitor of this blog since it first started out. At first, I only came here for the pictures. Then, things got busy & I stopped dropping by. This is the first time since my last visit and I'm dropping a comment bcos I'd like to comment on how amazing this blog has become. Depth & meaning has alrdy been added into your site in so many ways. And reading posts after posts, I was finally able to feel the way I haven't felt in a long time. So, thank you. Thank you for creating Lelove. (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. In Vino Veritas, they say. In wine is truth :) I like the romantic poem a lot. It's down to earth.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...